Cookie Thread Act 4: katze thread

Some dude spent way to long going ham on a meme card

Enchant creature card in a graveyard

When Dance of the Dead enters the battlefield, if it’s on the battlefield, it loses “enchant creature card in a graveyard” and gains “enchant creature put onto the battlefield with Dance of the Dead.” Put enchanted creature card onto the battlefield tapped under your control and attach Dance of the Dead to it. When Dance of the Dead leaves the battlefield, that creature’s controller sacrifices it.

Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 and doesn’t untap during its controller’s untap step.

At the beginning of the upkeep of enchanted creature’s controller, that player may pay {1}{B}. If the player does, untap that creature.

4 Likes

If you Special Summon any of these monsters using a Pendulum Monster(s) as material, while this card is already face-up in your Spell & Trap Zone: You can activate the appropriate effect. You cannot apply that same effect of “Pendulum Dimension” for the rest of this turn (even if this card leaves the field).

Fusion: Special Summon 1 monster from your Deck with the same original Level as that Fusion Monster, in Defense Position, but negate its effects.

Synchro: Add 1 “Polymerization” from your Deck to your hand.

Xyz: Take 1 Tuner from your Deck with an equal or lower Level than that Xyz Monster’s Rank, and add it to your hand or Special Summon it.

1 Like

Also magic the gathering art is just better

this is true for sure. but yeah there are some wordy magic cards too. it’s actually getting worse lately lol. yugioh is gonna feel worse though because their text box is so much smaller

2 Likes

True

1 Like

Fair, tho idk whats worse, wordy, or super busted op

1 Like

1 Like

7 words and breaks da game

1 Like

10 words, and it can create some of the most complicated rules situations in the game.

3 Likes

I am a complete novice to magic
doesn’t this card delete any creature ability to destroy enchantments, so the only way to stop this is a counterspell or specifically a card that destroys enchantments?

1 Like

Yeah but most creatures can’t destroy enchantments anyways

Usually instants or sorceries do that

Also this card seems stupid anyways

“Fuck you no more commanders! Fuck you no more interesting things!”

1 Like

Like Winter Orb

That’s more or less correct. You would never have an opportunity to activate an ability of a creature to destroy Humility before those creatures lose their abilities. You would need to remove it with a non-creature or counter it.

2 Likes

You have no idea.

This is the current interaction between Humility and Opalescence: The type-changing effect applies at layer 4, but the rest happens in the applicable layers. The rest of it will apply even if the permanent loses its ability before it’s finished applying. So if Opalescence, Humility, and Worship are on the battlefield and Opalescence entered the battlefield before Humility, the following is true: Layer 4: Humility and Worship each become creatures that are still enchantments. (Opalescence). Layer 6: Humility and Worship each lose their abilities. (Humility) Layer 7b: Humility becomes 4/4 and Worship becomes 4/4. (Opalescence). Humility becomes 1/1 and Worship becomes 1/1 (Humility). But if Humility entered the battlefield before Opalescence, the following is true: Layer 4: Humility and Worship each become creatures that are still enchantments (Opalescence). Layer 6: Humility and Worship each lose their abilities (Humility). Layer 7b: Humility becomes 1/1 and Worship becomes 1/1 (Humility). Humility becomes 4/4 and Worship becomes 4/4 (Opalescence).

2 Likes

I was trying to become a Magic judge about a decade ago, and I asked a judge about it at a tournament, and he said he’d get me in touch with a Level 2 judge to mentor me. Fast forward, I’ve met the L2 at a relatively local game store, and we’ve gotten to the point where he’s asking me rules questions. He asks me “So, Alice has Humility in play, and then Nancy plays Opalescence. What is the board state?” In retrospect, I think he was fucking with me as much as he was testing my knowledge of the rules with that question. And yes, I did eventually become a Magic judge, but didn’t judge a tournament for a year and lost my certification or whatever it’s called. This is why I am the way I am when it comes to wording role cards in Mafia. I have MtG Judge brain forever now.

3 Likes

3 Likes