Cookie Thread Act 4: katze thread

Nice

pov you are ordering pizza while im. working

3 Likes

Angry mr Huph (youtube.com) Itā€™s amazing I can find a reason to hate a character in 22 seconds.

1 Like

4 Likes

Also this is 100> true

Genuinely wording matters way too much
Thereā€™s some things you can go with RAI for but if you do it too many times then suddenly peopleā€™s abilities do not do what they thought

U nerds argue about the rules while i win $8 tomorrow in the tourney. Im a real player. Im about to be filthy rich

2 Likes

wooooo :tada:

1 Like

Im playing mono blue artifacts

1 Like

im playing the wisest mothman you ever did see

4 Likes

Oh I love mono blue, and everyone else hates it lmao

1 Like

mono blue is typically a crime tbf

4 Likes

oh you love mono blue? never wouldā€™ve guessed

5 Likes

LMAO

I love Sultai. One of my commanders is Muldrotha

2 Likes

Time 2 special interest. The thing with mafia is there arenā€™t really rules, itā€™s more conventional wisdom. Most roles work the way they do because weā€™ve all seen them a thousand times before, and we go with what feels right or intuitive in the moment. Thatā€™s fine and has virtually no issues in most setups. Designing mashes, especially when you start trying to make new things, you can frequently run into issues. Even with vanilla roles you can run into some weird shit. Two roleblockers, two redirectors, two bus drivers are all pairs that do not have a natural or intuitive answer to the question ā€œwhat happens if they cross target?ā€ There was a game where two bus drivers cross targeted, and our solution was (already decided pre-rand) to just make both actions fail, but the players themselves were confused why their actions failed when they realized they had later on. Thereā€™s no RAI or RAW in that situation because you donā€™t ever put that kind of thing on a role card. ā€œOh yeah and if this extremely unlikely thing were to happen, this is how it goesā€ is weird, and it bloats the text. And if you rand bus driver in a mash and have a disclaimer about how bus driver cross targeting is resolved, youā€™re gonna think thereā€™s another bus driver.

Over the years Iā€™ve made like a mental rulebook and built up abstractions in my mind because Iā€™ve just written so many roles and want to avoid getting caught flat footed with something unexpected that results in something extremely unfun or broken. Itā€™s not written down becauseā€¦ no one would read it. No one is reading this and itā€™s 2 paragraphs. So yeah, writing roles well is hard and you sort of canā€™t do it perfectly because there is no rulebook. I could go on but I would literally love to talk about this shit all day so Iā€™m going to stop.

3 Likes

@jail

1 Like

Bucharest is kind of run down, sorry!

Donā€™t worry, when a biiiig earthquake hits Bucharest (the architecture is horrible), it will certainly be rebuilt from grouuuund up :blush:

This feels like Iā€™m reading a DnD manual.

2 Likes