Cookie Thread Act 4: katze thread

it’s about seeing a weird wiry freak like Ichiro Suzuki beat the asses of a bunch of naturally strong men at baseball through sheer dedication

(i say weird wiry freak with the utmost respect. shoutout to ichiro. why did nobody consider “just hit singles lol” until then)

I think the issue is that in many physical sports that basically writes like 50% of people out of contention for top slots

1 Like

i suppose this is my fault for introducing an example where “segregation” has different connotations than the one I meant which was merely meant to describe the way it is organized by gender, but I do not think women are oppressed by having their own category. And yes important context here is that they recently banned trans women from women’s tournaments belying that they think men are intrinsically superior, and that was my fault for not making that more clear.

2 Likes

welcome to sports

well yes but that isn’t delinieated by gender, is my point

you’ll find that despite the mlb season being just 4 days in over 50% of mlb teams are not in world series contention

1 Like

generally my idea of sports segregation is like
boxing

a’s-mets world series is gonna be heat just trust

1 Like

if you put a strawweight and a heavyweight into the ring it would be actual murder

1 Like

no no. a’s-rockies. we’re going for real shit

it’s funny watching kris bryant have such a jaded stare of regret and the clear realization that he will never again play a meaningful game of baseball

sports are about seeing people who happened to be born minmaxed for a particular kind of physical activity that also have the personal drive to make it their whole life. biological advantage in sports is celebrated in all other contexts. it’s not applied to trans women and the only way it makes sense is to believe that trans women are being insincere or somehow wrong about their stated gender

2 Likes

i will vouch against her

1 Like

i hate lillith

2 Likes

a’s-white sox alcs will be even better though

pitching masterclass from both sides

RDT_20240401_1646192134438757312948693

i don’t know my point is that there obviously need to be categories of level of abilities in sports in order to keep competition fair and interesting. placing one of them according to gender is completely arbitrary and does not help

1 Like

How