Cookie Thread Act 4: katze thread

both of those are AL teams

you will note that many such sports also segregate by things that are not gender

weight being the most common example

1 Like

i think you accidentally gave me one of your Ls? i get you have alot but im good
its lilith

none of this would be a problem if we just played blaseball instead

2 Likes

yeah that’s why they’re playing in the alcs

i just said why they do that

1 Like

lth

had been typing, got interrupted, then just hit post

if you said anything in the meantime I have not read it

1 Like

okay to be fair the literal actual point of blaseball is there’s a whole bunch of reasons why you shouldn’t play blaseball. like i get where you’re coming from,

1 Like

with a sufficient weight gap you could genuinely kill people

1 Like

I had a great uncle who was in the army. He boxed and was an undefeated heavy-weight champion. My dad describes just how much of an absolute UNIT this man was. Apparently people were trying to get him go pro because of how good of a boxer he was (he ended up not doing it because he didn’t want to get punch drunk). Anyway, his single career loss is to a lightweight.

1 Like

strong disagree

for the large, large majority of the population, biological gender has an outside influence on physical characteristics that are highly relevant to many sports

oh god what did i walk in on

that being said separating by weight class is fine and good actually most of the time. that story always stuck with me though.

that’s. just flatly not true.
human sexual dimorphism is extremely low by pretty much every metric and it’s getting lower

it’s one of those things where we make existing problems irrelevant by replacing them with significantly bigger ones

also we’re talking about top-level sports here, right? we’re not fucking talking about the vast, vast majority of the population at all, then

yeah but if you’re not visibly putting in the work to critically analyze the conversation the way you want them to do, and seemingly just making a snide remark, why do you think your popin will inspire other people to put in that work

like i’m not saying you have to juggernaut halt the conversation by yourself and point-by-point quote one sentence at a time to put everyone in their places, but if you say something that’s clearly giving the vibe of “i know your psyche better than you know it yourself”, i feel like you should at least give a little demonstration of your empathy for the people involved, or you just come off like you’re standing over everyone laughing about how primitive they are

there has to be at least some specific things you saw that made you think “this person is about to say something they regret”, why not talk about that

Not just top level, no

it’s also particularly highly relevant at the grade school level

ugh you know what this isn’t fucking worth it
i can’t convince anyone of anything even if it is true so i shouldn’t bother

1 Like