Cookie Thread Act 4: katze thread

i will leave with noting that this is an unfathomably frustrating argument and it’s insane that you don’t get why I, a trans woman, might have a huge issue with it

1 Like

its not extremely low to my knowledge. where did you read about that? i will agree that if it was low to non-existent, there would be no logic in separation. to my knowledge its still high, though

plenty of places but i’m tired of this
i’m just. so tired of this.

1 Like

it’s pretty sucky that y’all get caught in the crossfire here but I have sadly not seen any really convincing argument that overcomes my lived experience of meeting people who are biologically either sex and, like, looking at them with my eyeballs

testosterone is a natural steroid
very relevant in strength related sports

1 Like

thinkign about sexual dimorphism makes me feel extremely bad for obvious reasons

Lia Thomas, statistically, is a perfect case study that even in a sport where trans women might have an advantage due to androgenic puberty. Comparing her freshman year (pre-HRT) and her senior year (2 years HRT and the first year she could compete as a woman), her performances are in almost identical percentiles across the board. Some go up but others go down, and it’s likely due to the training and specialization she received in the intervening 2 years that could account for the difference. The one race she won was one of those things she got marginally better at, and yet she wouldn’t have even podium’d the year before at the same event with the same time. She’s the fucking poster child of “trans women competing at even elite levels of competition is probably fine actually” despite what the perception is. Katie Ledecky probably would’ve smoked her ass if she actually competed in that style because she’s apparently a Michael Phelps level physical freak when it comes to swimming.

1 Like

it’s. fucking hell. you are aware that while higher muscle mass contributes to sheer force, sheer force is actually not the most prized aspect in the vast majority of sports right

orange and ici getting in another debate, wonder if anything bad might happen

2 Likes

it is in the ones I care about

if your sport actually has little or no reason to care then sure just compete open idrc

still the wildest read i think
man straight up evolved for competitive swimming

you have to keep in mind tho I’m a rower and so this is in fact highly highly influential in my sport of choice

i’m going to ignore you and leave because i don’t have anything to say to this that won’t make me feel worse

sorry

okay then make the divisions be decided by something other than biological sex so that any “”“genetic freak”"" women can still safely compete in the high-mass division. this is so fucking obvious to me

yeah npnp

what do you propose

male sex has no biological advantages over women in marathons
male sex does have biological advantages over women in short sprints
to my knowledge

i dont know about baseball. its probably an endurance sport. not too much of a power sport?

it would probably depend on the exact sport

right, physical muscle mass is the only thing that matters in football. that’s why derrick henry has singlehandedly led the titans to three straight super bowls

why does she have to come up with a solution

categories based on fairness and safety should be decided solely case by case rather than gender distinctions being arbitrarily applied