Cookie Thread Act 4: katze thread

Who the hell is Steve Jobs

1 Like

that’s all i’m asking. gender segregation in sports is arbitrarily applied based on sexist assumptions. reconsideration of that would do wonders for pretty muche very sport

she doesn’t and even if hers is perfect I doubt it would go anywhere, sadly

I’m just wondering what her proposal is for a better metric not forcing her to solve the world’s problems lol

in terms of that, i think the obvious answer is simply muscle mass, since that’s what matters in sports where the point is sheer force. that allows for outliers to compete rather than reinforcing societal distinctions about the “abilities of men and women” but i’m not an expert so i can’t say that for certain.

you literally asked what she proposed, but the point is not that she has a specific implementation for all sports. it’s that it would make more sense to have categories to reflect the differences that actually matter for a given sport, like weight classes for things like wrestling, rather than arbitrarily assume that gender is Good Enough.

1 Like

so baseball is an interesting case because it tests a pretty wide variety of physical attributes depending on what position you play and how you play it

the reality of the situation is trying to judge everybody on case by case metrics for safety is super infeasible at pretty much all levels

this is why we fall back on easy to look at things like biological sex (despite the fact that this gives certain people advantages) and weight (which is easily measurable)

and I think the impact of having these metrics create separate categories for competition (generally, allowing us to recognize the effort more people put into the sport than if there was just one category, while also trying to even out the playing field in the process) is likely net positive even if it does absolutely frick over trans women

Can we all throw up our hands and blame it on the date

1 Like

…it occurs to me that you seem to think we genuinely have an advantage in women’s divisions

who the hell is this “eliza” freak that stole my avatar

1 Like

I’m also no expert but iirc stuff like bone mass is also pretty important

Im you, but psycho.

the importance of that is significantly exxagerated by transphobes

why am i getting so tired at like 11 pm recently

is this what its like to have a normal sleep schedule

2 Likes

this is going off memory from what ive read so it might not be all accurate

amab and afab have different muscle tissues or something like that. or a different quantity. amab’s one are “shorter” or what was it? they can generate more power, but they tire quickly. afab generate less power, they recharge faster. there was a word with “long” in them

amab have 30% more bodymass in the torso compared to afab, even if the same body weight

bone density i think was also different but i could be misremembering

that’s not correct, actually. the sole difference is mass

Yes

qualitatiely speaking amab and afab muscles are identical, puberty causes them to develop differently

incidentally, second puberty changes that development, because development does not stop when you turn 18

I was actually thinking of intersex people specifically when I wrote that, but regardless you’re going to give people an advantage somewhere for any line that isn’t measurable like weight

watching arctic’s foler status fade in real time like marty mcfly

2 Likes