Cookie Thread Act 4: katze thread

can you believe I actually got vigged that night lmao

1 Like

ok but it was really really funny

1 Like

bro frick the vigs holy shit

also that was araā€™s fault. we were vcing the whole time and it was a lot of fun.

maybe societal debates is too far of an idea, but minor disagreements at least would be fair. for instance my mom was convinced MSG was poison level of unhealthy. she told me she read about it. i convinced her to read a bit better sources. we agreed that it can be dangerous the same way salt can be, but itā€™s not poison. she changed her mind, weā€™ve had this happen a few times. a lot of people just dont have good information gathering skills. i think gathering information is a skill. you can be lazy about it, you can be thorough and dig deeper

I also think the majority of people have just never heard the information by such a wide margin they donā€™t even know what to look for, and even if you tell them what you think is the right thing some other thing they donā€™t know is wrong can be a barrier to it getting through

this is particularly relevant with social things

2 Likes

shoutout nheroarconix btw, true homie

oh this was orange not chupie

my first semester of college i took a critical thinking course, and this genuinely sounds so fucking stupid, but it ultimately changed my life. a big part of the curriculum was identifying bad arguments and graphs, and how people tend to deceptively word things in a way they know will get interpreted the wrong way (that happens to be benefit them) e.g. a red flag should go up any time you read ā€œaverageā€ regarding data because if they went with that word they could easily be deceiving you by using the median/mode when you assume mean. that sort of thinking let me deprogram myself.

4 Likes

good thing somebody taught you to think critically

2 Likes

everyone who plays Unseen should be required to take this course

6 Likes

I only play Blue Dragon sorry

2 Likes

that being said I think most cases of people being wrong are not bad-faith or intentionally misleading through data manipulation lol

2 Likes

:wowee:

quote this post to talk about a time when you (the person reading this) changed your mind about something important :popcorncat:

2 Likes

A SECOND ZIRBO HAS HIT THE COOKIE THREAD

speak for yourself, whenever i am wrong about something i am bad-faith intentionally misleading you

5 Likes

and yet you got mad at me for pushing you in sorc17erā€¦ curious

6 Likes

going back to this, I will say that I would feel pretty comfortable talking about doing this if I was actually going to do it

both because it would be funny when I actually succeed, and because if people figure me out just because I told them I was gonna alt then Iā€™ve done a bad job alting

3 Likes

on that note

Iā€™m doing that btw

2 Likes