Cookie Thread Act 4: katze thread

like fr getting to vegas and back is almost as much as I spent to go to poland and back with you just a few years ago

1 Like

thatā€™s wild, if Iā€™m not picky about the dates I can get round trip tickets to Vegas for ā€¦ just under $100, apparently, which is almost tempting? is there anything to do in Vegas besides gambling? :joy_cat:

1 Like

we went on a school trip to the zone of totality to see the 2017 eclipse. and then it was rainy and cloudy and the only thing that happened was the sky getting dark

1 Like

visit my family

this whole discussion is interesting to me because in britain eclipse-chasing justā€¦ isnā€™t a thing due to how small the country is?

1 Like

well youā€™d just need to go to europe

1 Like

like, even if the eclipse only covers part of the country, nobody travels from the west coast to the east coast even though itā€™s way shorter. thatā€™s interesting to me

1 Like

anyway it is unfortunately wildly impractical for me to go see the eclipse. maybe next time!

1 Like

right but my point is that by and large we didnā€™t even before we, you know, shot ourselves in the foot on that front

2 Likes

if confirming that iā€™m not in the zone of totality for this eclipse is what finally doxxes me itā€™s a funny way to go out

4 Likes

also because going to see an eclipse would be making our lives more interesting and wouldnā€™t directly hurt anyone else, and britain is an entirely spite-based country, so that wonā€™t do

2 Likes

oof, the weather forecast for Indiana is not looking great

Also America is comically huge in comparison to the UK. The UKā€™s land area 90k square miles and the average US state land area is 60k square miles, and we have 50 of them. Traveling to a different part of the country is usually much more of a journey, and states can have surprisingly different vibes from each other.

1 Like

oh yeah likeā€¦ i donā€™t know if iā€™ve said this before but the Midwest is the Britain of America. if this makes any sense at all

1 Like

True

this is unfair to the midwest,

4 Likes

i meant in terms of like, thereā€™s a lot of familiar cultural structures, and coastal stereotypes about the midwest are actually eerily similar to stereotypes brits hold about each other

1 Like

Honestly, Britain is the Britain of America.

2 Likes

also, even if britain sucks, it is weird in an interesting way. thatā€™s itsā€™ one redeeming quality i think

1 Like

Not sure why this reminded me of this, but the modern American accent is more similar to an 18th century British accent than modern British accents are. I just think thatā€™s neat. It has to be a byproduct of us being so spread out.

1 Like