Cookie Thread Act 4: katze thread

lying about flavor is just kind of lmao but doesn’t concretely affect the game

3 Likes

Yeah but like
Why

you could maybe argue it lowers overall WIM but many hosts have done things to that effect that don’t qualify as bastard

1 Like

it was rly funny tho

2 Likes

oh because I’ve literally done this. it was an annual bastard mash and while there were predictable consequences, it was a thing that I thought was too funny of a thing to have happen to not do it at least once in the most dramatic way possible. a thing I will never do again because it is just bad design, but it sure is funny to think about in retrospect

4 Likes

Yeah fair

Has anyone actually hosted a sci fi space opera

i think the issue with annual bastard mashes was calling them “annual bastard mash” because the worst things to ever happen were things we did because we felt obligated to do risky full face paint clown shenanigans and you can only do so much to avoid the downsides of that

1 Like

we carry dirt

1 Like

True

I’ve hosted a sci fi mash but I haven’t hosted a space opera

Also the flavor in Stellaris was lacking due to time

FAM 2 and 3 honestly crossed the line of “things I would generally recommend to not have in games that don’t have some kind of disclaimer” but FoL seems to have a higher tolerance of unannounced clown shit. it’s just nice that there’s not a pressure to actually throw pies in the player’s faces

1 Like

And also because Stellaris has a lot of variable and player made flavor

Also taking this as a no

our sci-fi space opera flavor was made with care and we had all of the characters mentioned in the flavor as roles in the game with fake mechanics as if they were literally transported to a different game (the actual theme was “isekai”), and while making it, I considered pivoting to space opera because I thought we could do something cool with it. it was unfortunately doomed because it would be a too self-serious theme for a circus game.

to make it truly operatic you have to commit to the bit so, so, so hard and be totally unashamed by what you’re doing. i think it would be a fun project, but not one I’ll ever get around to at this rate

1 Like

Whether this is bastard or not is beyond you and me. This is simply inexcusable for any host to do, regardless of background. How can I enjoy this game when it’s all anime? Everything is anime. This game is anime. My rand is anime. I hate anime. I simply cannot imagine a world where anime exists. Anime is a plague that has infected this land. Anime is a curse, and it has infected you. I will let everyone at Flow know about this. Your credibility as a host has been ruined. Enjoy your wacko account on FurAffinity, because you’re not surviving much longer. I will wipe the fuck out of you with precision the likes of which have never been seen on this earth. MafiaScum is gonna enjoy this. At no point did anyone ever ask for an anime game, and yet you have ruined this paradise. How can I enjoy my bulletproof bodyguard unjester rand now? The only thing left is ligma. What’s ligma? Ligma balls.

My rand is wolf and I am subbing the fuck out.

6 Likes

Fair

Space opera flavor does sound baller

…what even is a space opera other than an opera in space