Cookie Thread Act 6: Cookie & Thread

The exact words are not available. Players are too busy laughing to remember them. Ichiro wouldn’t dare repeat them in public. So here’s the best facsimile possible.

“Bleep … bleep bleep bleep … National League … bleep … bleep … bleeeeeeeeep … National – bleep bleep bleepbleepbleep!”

2 Likes

“I know how important it is to the game,” Ichiro said. “I’m more concentrated at that moment than I am in the game.”

cannot stress enough how funny i find this

1 Like

baseball is way funnier than it has any right to be

1 Like

I think baseball players are funnier than they have any right to be.

1 Like

oh no the game itself is also hillarious

1 Like

the whole thing is based around the minute physics of a tiny ball and 9 men with almost no coordination trying to keep track of it

goodbye scott servais!

baseball relies on so much angular mechanics i can’t even begin to wrap my head around. pitchers deadass perform almost academic studies on the magnus effect to make their pitches just that much more unhittable

i’m STILL mad about those games. except for the game the Mariners went out on. which is the most beautiful way for the 2022 Mariners to go out

1 Like

19 straight innings of the most unwatchable baseball imaginable. baseball is BACK

the manfred runner cannot stop the determination of two teams that fucking hate the concept of the other guys scoring for any reason

that play also features that one play where Ty France got a double play while standing completely still

did the Ms lose? oh absolutely. Yordan Alvarez was on the other team. Obviously there was no real way to just stop the Astros scoring forever. but they combined to create an absolutely beautiful and also completely fucking ass game

point is if the Ms somehow get into the playoffs this year, I hope that we get to see more of the most fascinatingly “awful” baseball known to mankind

okay that’s a lie i actually hope the Mariners pull off a dark horse world series win. but since that’s not going to happen, i want to watch baseball games that people will have nightmares about

it’s the mariners julio rodriguez will remember how to hit a baseball and drag the rest of the team kicking and screaming into the playoffs

the mariners are actively more likely to win the division than get a wild card spot. so they kinda just have to hope the astros start sucking again, which is never a great bet. but they sure choked near the end of last year (along with the rest of the al west, admittedly)

Baseball pitching is fascinating. The ball can be thrown at speeds where it’s right at the edge of human reaction times. If a hitter waits until they see how the pitch is moving, they won’t have time to hit it. Pitchers are throwing balls so fast that they can’t safely pitch on back to back nights.

1 Like

the human body was not meant to throw a baseball

1 Like

differences in pitching philosophy are also fascinating. it is at this point we talk about the fable of the Knuckleball