Cookie Thread Act 6: Cookie & Thread

for some reason my brain refused to process it as anything but some insane complex math multi term

IDRM how to do that problem either (it looks kinda unfamiliar) but yeah I expect things to work out nicely when you try to figure out what the partials of everything is

I didn’t go to the math club meeting or the LaTeX workshop because my COMPANIONS were too SCARED despite being the ones whose IDEA IT WAS TO GO THERE

1 Like

I’d post answers but I don’t know if I got them right…

this was my initial impression but then I was like “no I will just think about it”

hey fol i bet you’d have a field day with the name lipschitz continuity, which i’m currently doing a problem about (though mathematicians are sad that lipschitz continuity is reduced to a single problem in this textbook)

NYAAAAAAAAAAAA I actually know what the cool math term is nya nya nya

WRONG reply nya

Do I know what it is? No. Do I remember it from tumblr post? Yes

1 Like

IIRC, a function is lipschitz continuous if the absolute value of it’s slope is always less than some real number R

and IIRC a function is locally lipschitz continuous if this is true over some open interval

2 Likes

this is a stricter definition of continuity than the normal one

yes and as such is a more useful assumption for mathematical properties blah blah blah

1 Like

anyway, in a shocking twist lipschitz continuous functions are in fact also normal continuous. as per problem 13

1 Like

Text

I FOUND IT

1 Like

Anyway yeah we’re in the part of class that’s just calc 3 review RN except my experience with Calc 3 was much like scooby doo in that I learned nohting from it

Who would’ve known that compressing all hte calc 3 into half a semester and doing linear algebra in the other half was a mediocre learning experience

{15A427F7-6071-4C66-9F81-19EC36BA95F2}

yeah why does your school not just teach linear algebra during linear algebra

arguably we went the other wrong way. in that we covered stokes theorem and the divergence theorem and greens theorem all in the last day without it ever being tested. so i don’t remember any of it