Cookie Thread Act 6: Cookie & Thread

the best part is he’s making a movie outside of the channel and spends a significant amount of time during it explaining the nicknames of his pokemon 10 years ago which are the greatest noir movies of all time

2 Likes

It’s all PR. It’s that way for all of them.

You can pay to have the public view you as a good person. And get a tax deduction for it. Plenty of people would give away 5% of their net worth if it meant people viewed them as a 30% more generous person. It’s even easier to make that call when your public percpetion actively contributes to how much you make. It’s an even EASIER call when you can give away millions and still have hundreds of millions left. It’s a lot easier, too, when you therefore get to pay less taxes.

It’s a good business decision. That’s it. Maybe it’s out of the goodness of their hearts, maybe it isn’t, it doesn’t matter because it’s a good business decision.

2 Likes

uh. yeah idk I hope that’s real, but who knows

2 Likes

okay but matpat is this but without the philanthropy so like can we take him out first

2 Likes

i meant that i hope he didnt fake those

that like he did build those houses and stuff for the people. even if for selfish goals. like im hoping those ppl still got their houses

1 Like

they call me a master hater

1 Like

I spent TEN MILLION DOLLARS on DESTROYING a hater’s home

1 Like

they are certainly real because the benefit he gets from those videos is more than the money he would save from faking it. Too much risk, it’s a bad business decision to fake those

2 Likes

ill fight jimmy in the ring

2 Likes

you have to keep in mind that Mr. Beast makes his philanthropy highly, highly visible by making videos out of them and showing you a grateful person in tears. If some a random billionaire did ten times the amount of good, odds are you wouldn’t know because there’s not a video with millions of views documenting it and presenting it in the best light possible

2 Likes

faking videos is something else, becausae it’s not a saving money thing but a making money thing (you want good outcome for algorithm), plus backlash isn’t as big.

2 Likes

bill gates eradicated malaria and people do not talk about him the same

3 Likes

i think you will try to upper cut him and miss and hit yourself and knock yourself out immediately

yeah but he’d still make a good president as he would get his opinions from experts from both sides of the political spectrum

3 Likes

They care a lot about making sure the videos aren’t seen as fake yeah, like they did a whole uninterrupted video just to prove the ten minute challenge was real

3 Likes

real

1 Like

funnily that video had fake stuff in it, you will see in the video i sent u

2 Likes

lmao

1 Like

I can’t imagine it being hard to produce content that isn’t fake and is enjoyable

2 Likes

jimothy beast vs 10 thousand bees

3 Likes