Cookie Thread Act 6: Cookie & Thread

I’m actually looking at a legion 5 lmfao

1 Like

In that case maybe getting something that can do light work but won’t die in under an hour and doesn’t have a two-pound 330W charging brick might be more worth it for you lol

1 Like

I like it but it does not last super long battery-wise, it’s made of metal so it’s not super light, and the charging brick is, well, a literal brick

But I do like it

1 Like

fwiw the best resource is almost certainly jarrod’s tech

1 Like

best laptop-centric tech channel on youtube

1 Like

at least if you’re targeting a gaming laptop (which you prolly are I imagine)

1 Like

Yeah lol

on this note I did pick up a third-party GaN charger that really made taking the laptop around on the daily much better

1 Like

I also might just stick with the zen book

I’m between the legion 5 pro and a zenbook pro 14 rn

still contemplating if I wanna go that beefy or not

1 Like

this one

the bad news is due to some grounding issue with the legion 5 pro, when using this charger the trackpad acted wonky and was basically unusable

the good news is I carried around a mouse anyways because trying to do design work on a trackpad is fucking awful

1 Like

i kind of hate videos for most reviews/how-tos. It’s more that I think the format is just way worse to one well made with text rather than me thinking the video content producers out there are doing a bad job. I tend to reread parts and want to refer back to things quickly and videos are just inferior when it comes to that.

1 Like

lmfao

1 Like

I don’t disagree

however

Jarrod’s Tech is infinitely better than any written media outlet I’ve seen when it comes to laptops

im vibe checking the laptops i wanna buy personally

1 Like

I might just see if I can manage with my older laptop plus bringing my desktop tbh lmao

If it gets annoying I’ll get a new one

2 Likes

This sounds like the correct approach imo

3 Likes

It’s pretty easy, all told, to buy a new laptop if you decide you really need one

1 Like

Expensive yes but it’s not hard to do

1 Like

real

but I can’t put my cool stickers on my old laptop if im gonna eventually get a new one orange

I can’t waste the cool stickers

1 Like