Cookie Thread Act 6: Cookie & Thread

pray that i am able to be healthy when i move out of state :pray:

sparknotes my beloved

1 Like

i only read 1 book in my ap english class. of mice and men was sick af. i would always read like a little bit of the others just to get a sense of the author’s style but i could not be bothered to read half of those things in my lifetime

3 Likes

I liked reading the books so I could start debates in class about things vaguely related to the content and watch chaos unfold

3 Likes

good

one time in my english class one kid who like. Clearly didnt read the book just started making shit up. Like saying shit that STRAIGHT UP did not happen and then going like “yeah i thought that was cool, what was everyone’s thoughts on it?” and everyone was like “what?”

2 Likes

yeah i loved it when goku beat up godzilla

2 Likes

I liked starting shit in the ap lang discussion time

4 Likes

fr. when u plan to just wing the discussion and then realize the book actually has compelling characters and interesting themes

4 Likes

Every time. It would sound so interesting but trying to read it was like trudging through knee deep mud.

3 Likes

i think its because its associated with school
when i read a book when i was younger for school i despised it but when i read it on my own time like 2 months later i loved it

1 Like

i really fw audiobooks, I can really crush back some reading time during long drives or monotonous work, the one orange reccomended me has been great so far

2 Likes

the ap lang summer assignment was my antonia. most boring book in the world. doesn’t adequately prepare you for the other ap lang books to range from ok to actually pretty good

1 Like

wrong. Red Badge of Courage is worse. they were part of the same year’s curriculum at my school therefore I can objectively judge

1 Like

There was actually a couple of interesting books I read in lang

1 Like

I didnt actually take ap lang. in my mind I did because I took the AP test but no I took normal ass english

3 Likes

oh i’ve never had to read that one. quizbowl makes it seem kinda okay if not super interesting

1 Like

Tom’s River was good
We read my family and other animals lmao I loved that one
Nickel and dimed was so slay it’s about how min wage is unlivable

the rest were kinda boring

there was this one called fen bog and swamp, which is about exactly what the title describes

Which sounded interesting in principle

But god damn that’s the most boring book I’ve read for a class so far