I think I misremembered some details but the overall arch was his life sucked

2 Likes

“hey welcome to subway, hows your day been?”

“I just got diagnosed with cancer.”

“oh. im sorry to hear that. so uh what bread did you want?”

4 Likes

I can’t wait for the heat death of the universe i just dont see the point

1 Like

We didn’t have the mug he was looking for if I remember correctly too, so it was more of a smile and wave and listen situation

3 Likes

SO MANY people use retail workers as therapy. I literally got more experience than any run of the mill psych grad student.

4 Likes

it wasnt exactly this but it was a response having to do with cancer that was like. Really heavy

2 Likes

wait I thought you were joking did someone say they get cancer

2 Likes

honestly Im fine with lore dumps I also think cancer lore dumps is probably the one most people should be fine with it’s kinda like a dream to know you might be dying

1 Like

i dont remember exactly, either them or someone close to them i cant remember. i also dont remember if they were just diagnosed or if they just started stalking about how that person/themself has cancer

3 Likes

LMAO

1 Like

insanely disagree. i do not want to know if imabout to die, i just wanna be old n die eventually

2 Likes

yeah I never held any ill will for people telling me about their shitty day. They know I get paid to listen to what they have to say and be nice in response. might as well do that job and wish them well, if you are bearing your heart and soul to a Five Below employee you probably need somebody to pat you on the back and wish you luck

2 Likes

Yea

I think it would be kinda like a dream to know you are dying? Why would you disagree?

1 Like

Like, you would be in a dream state

1 Like

Personally I would hate to know I’m about to die
At least in this stage of life

Oh

1 Like

why do you think that in the first place? i imagine its just a difference in perspective on it. death is the scariest thing out there and thinking about it and having to actually face what comes after it isnt something i ever want to do

1 Like