Cookie Thread Act 6: Cookie & Thread

i’ve never watched any anime whatsoever but i’d be willing to at least try if my brain decides to work

1 Like

oopsies

1 Like

league of legends

1 Like

im trying to think of a stronger word for “no”.

I love the light novel so much

1 Like

The idea is that either scneitifc development strips all resources or using too much magical stuff causes the physical laws to become so disordered that science cannot progress anymore

1 Like

It’s like a new way to cause the universe to end which is funny

1 Like

yeah i suck at this

lilith remembers she knows next to nothing about javascript the videogame

1 Like

okay

some games I personally liked:

• Ace Attorney, Danganronpa, Pentiment – you have almost certainly heard of two of these and probably know if they’re your thing or not already. Pentiment is vaguely similar (mystery-ish game where you primarily do things by talking to people), with a historical setting and wildly more uncertainty. Might be bad choices if your sickness is heavy on the ~brainfog sorts of symptoms.
  • We Know The Devil – visual novel about (…broadly speaking) being a queer kid at magic conservative-evangelical-Christian summer camp
  • Mimic Logic – fairly simple logic puzzle game with some vaguely-roguelike-ish elements, if you liked the puzzles about the Knights who always tell the truth and the Knaves who always lie you’ll probably like it

some music I personally like:

• Epic: The Musical – musical adaption of the Odyssey
  • Turnabout: An Ace Attorney Musical – musical adaption of 1-1, 1-2, and 1-4. Probably only fun if you’ve played Ace Attorney. The second act is better, if the premise sounds fun but you don’t love the songs skip down to Decree of the Prosecutor (from the end of act I) and go from there
  • uh I have a lot of other music recs but many of them would be for like individual songs, + I know my taste is a bit idiosyncratic
  • if you’ve never listened to Les Mis go do that now, any version except the movie one is fine

some Short Other Media that I personally liked:

• Pimento! – adorable short film about a cute little monster kid
  • Fandom For Robots – short story about a robot who is a nerd. as a robot and a nerd I find this relatable
  • A Guide For Working Breeds – short story by the same author as the above, also about Good Robots, more drama than the previous rec

some Longer Other Media that I personally liked:
(mostly not that long)

• A World Away (A Step Apart) – ~14k words, hosted on Ao3 but not actually fanfic. You can probably figure out if you would like it based entirely on the tags + summary.
  • And Then There Were (N-One) – ~23k words, murder mystery novella where everyone involved is an alternate universe version of the same person
  • Family Man – historical fantasy webcomic set in the late 1700s exploring themes of religion, faith, academia, and family. very much a particular sort of taste but I like it so I’m putting it on the list anyways. Earlier acts are more to my taste, also it hasn’t updated in several years and didn’t really seem to reach a resolution at any point.
  • CORDYCEPS: Too clever for their own good – ~63k words, also hosted on Ao3, also not fanfic. Fucked up psychological horror. I’m not sure how much I can explain without spoiling it.
  • Scholomance - YA novel series set at extremely deadly Magic Wizard Boarding School
4 Likes
Summary

i have never heard of any of of these except danganronpa and aa
thank you

3 Likes

I have other weirder recs if you want them but they’d be from the site that has caused nearly everyone I’ve tried to rec things to to be like “this site has the worst formatting ever, I’m sorry Arete but I absolutely cannot finish this”

3 Likes

…could you send me one and see if i can deal with it

1 Like

im out of college for another month so listening to and discussing radiohead is always an option
game wise binding of isaac has a ton of replay value and if moneys an issue the original flash release is usually dirt cheap on steam and while definitely not as expansive will still get a hold of your time sooner or later

2 Likes

Anyway I just find it interesting how the key to solving entropy and heat death in this universe is to use magic to undercover the mysteries of the universe, but in doing so they just accelerate the end of the universe in most scenarios by fucking up the laws which govern it

1 Like

i remember playing the original yearsss ago
i dont remember it too well so i’d have to give it a shot

1 Like

the original is what i played for the longest time. its definitely the harder of the games due to unparalleled bullshit

1 Like

the full repentance version looks really good but i do not have it on account of it requiring buying 2 dlcs. I know theres technically multiplayer for it. In beta or steam remote play

2 Likes

There is always a price for silence

1 Like