Cookie Thread Act 6: Cookie & Thread

asked my family whether ramen was pasta. they were like yes obviously. looked at me crazy during my devils advocate explanation of why it’s supposed to be a dilemma. conceded that you could maybe have an argument for things like egg noodles not being pasta but that they still wouldn’t agree with it. “all noodles are pasta” was brought up as part of a syllogism at one point

2 Likes

so if you think my pasta opinions are weird

may is todays fish trout a la creme

prescriptivist post

2 Likes

fuck i said the wrong one. bit ruined

4 Likes

nobody calls ramen noodles pasta except some western people i guess

definitely not italians

or asians

@Italy

2 Likes

south east asia asians

italians don’t call it florence they call it firenze. japanese people don’t call it japan they call it nippon. if this is your argument go all the way

3 Likes

I hid the edit for you

5 Likes

ramen is great when you put cheese on it aftwr it bolts then it melts all over it :blush:

this doesnt translate. nobody else uses the word nippon or firence. pasta is an existing word. you’re taking a word from another language and using it to describe something else

1 Like

you are a separate food problem

5 Likes

2 Likes

im not eve trying to say something bad it genuinely is good

1 Like

:brazil:

3 Likes

yeah and we literally call cities and countries different things from their actual language would say. we borrow and misuse words all the time. language and word use evolves and demanding words only be used as originally intended is a losing battle always

1 Like