Cookie Thread Act 6: Cookie & Thread

not everything needs to be a philosophical dilemma

3 Likes

as per ancient greek maritime law the ship of theseus would become a different ship when its mast was replaced

4 Likes

yes this evolved but backwards. too lazy to care about difference. they look similar so call them similar

I still think noodles vs pasta is a meaningful mental distinction that I have and that others don’t and I still think discussing this is worthwhile it’s not just about words

2 Likes

i think people in multicultural countries are more likely to not make a distinction since they’re used to everything being mashed up together and they’re <rand likely to care about heritage

1 Like

Eh I don’t think this is necessarily true?

1 Like

…you mean genetically

2 Likes

i dont have a big sample size but this was a huge debate on the syndicate. one french woman from lebanon was fierce about pasta =/= noodles, the americans all sided against her

1 Like

genetically? hwat?

1 Like

culturally

2 Likes

i mistook the word

1 Like

you said rand when culture is infact not randomly generated

1 Like

i dont understand

heritage of food. etymology. origin. how to name stuff

<rand

less than rand, the mafia term

quirky way of saying “less likely”

1 Like

things can be less likely but theyre not necessarily rand, as phrased in your statement

i’m bored and starving and dont feel like moving, if you cant tell why im so firm on this topic

2 Likes

starving isnt quite the right word

2 Likes

hungry.

1 Like

i will say though that my mom calls instant ramen noodles “spaghetti”. i almost got a heart attack and i expressed my disdain

3 Likes

I think it’s still a decent term, tutuu is saying something along the lines of “if you took a random sample across the world, people might be 65% likely ot care about this (=rand), but people from this specific group would have a smaller chance than rand”

1 Like

rand is 75/25

its confusing

2 Likes