Cookie Thread Act 6: Cookie & Thread

there are more important roled than cops

It’s literally just lying yeah. I think fabricating what people said is stupid as hell because the situations where it could be effective are also situations where someone has time to check. I think a scenario where a totally fake quote sways people in a situation where there’s no time to check is fictional.

and as stated earlier it adds a bunch of unnecessary work to check each quote listed, making the game infinitely harder on mobile aswell

You can also say HEY XYZ CLAIMED MOTION DETECTOR GET OFF ME and it has a very similar effect

@Litten Tell the fake redcheck story now

1 Like

i’m sure quoting adds a bigger kick to it

Yeah but you don’t know who saw the claim. You’re more likely to have people instantly call you a liar and have people switch to you or freeze. This is also an extremely specific scenario and lacks generality and still seems more likely to backfire as much as it is to succeed. It’s a gambit and I think it’s okay to allow since lying is fundamentally okay in the game.

1 Like

Yeah but my point is that it’s got precedent in something you can definitely legally do, like it’s not a tactic that unlocks new possibilities just makes them slightly esaier

1 Like

i like deducing things and making logical decisions that play out in the future, and finding what makes people tick

i don’t like guessing or filing my taxes

that promotes the latter and demotes the former

1 Like

I like filing my tadx esw

1 Like

thats what i like in a mafia game compared to what i do not
arguing against these fundamentals will probably get us nowhere, as you likely have a different perspective
to have it changed could be put to a vote

1 Like

My point is also that editing quotes from other players can be done for a whole lot of valid, rhetorical reasons. I want to be able to emphasize, and trim things that aren’t relevant to what I’m saying etc. as a villager. If I can do that as a villager, I should be able to do similar things as a wolf, and do so with the intent to misrepresent. That should be legal full stop. If you want to ban putting words in someone else’s mouth inside of a quote, sure, I guess, but you’re banning the weakest form of quote manipulation and people can still lie without the quote. The downside is it technically bans joke quoting and it would be really stupid to try to enforce the rule and distinguish between them to stop a very specific kind of lying that 99.99% of the time sucks as a strategy.

1 Like

a large amount of people distinctively dislike this

i’m sure if youve played a game or two you’ve heard people state “stop putting words in my mouth”, which is what this is doing

1 Like

I literally don’t think anyone will do it except to be funny because lying about verifiable things is generally pretty stupid. You don’t wanna get caught that way as a wolf, and if you got caught doing that in a way that wasn’t joking, you almost always die for it.

1 Like

if you want any evidence towards this click on the magnifying glass and type the phrase i put in quotation marks

1 Like

Yeah, but you can literally still do that. It’s just a very, very specific way of formatting it that we’re discussing that marginally makes it more believable but that also has virtually no practical utility and someone would need to be literally looking for an opportunity to do this in a game for it actually happen because people tend to be averse to doing those kinds of things because the probability they’ll get caught is so high.

1 Like

if somebody had killed one of those people by using a site feature they might not even know is allowed, I severally doubt they will have nice things to say about the ruling

im gay

people do take advantage of things yes
it is one of our favourite things to do as humans. looking for opportunities and pushing

3 Likes