Cookie Thread Act 6: Cookie & Thread

me too

1 Like

tutuu’s fine and can tell us when they get back

they just graduated from uni and need time to figure out what to do with the rest of their life, prolly
they could have other stuff but i think they’ll come back fine

1 Like

he melted

1 Like

buy him some cheese

2 Likes

When tutuu comes back they will have ten girls suurondint then at alk times

5 Likes

mpox (monkeypox) is declared another global emergency by WHO

it has a fatality rate of up to 10%

i believe its only in africa currently but please be on some alert cause it could spread quickly

2 Likes

oh god

1 Like

NOT AGAINNNN

1 Like

it was also declared a global emergency in. 2018 or 2022. one of the two

you shouldn’t get super paranoid over it but this version is a lot more scary yes

1 Like

eh fair

yea i googled it lol

do take regular precautions
especially if you hear about it more

1 Like

having hosted on both –

if your game is a fairly vanilla game then you can just stick everything into modbot and p much log out for a few weeks, ngl.
…i wouldn’t recommend it, i generally believe that hosts should keep an eye on their games to make sure nobodys being an ass or angleshooting or something. and also handling replacements should they happen.

even in a game that’s fully manual, modbot capabilities and the automated forum features are still really really nice. a lot of these things are mostly for players but even as a host i find stuff like vote/ita history and retro VCs fairly valuable. automated postcaps are nice too if that’s your style.

there’s also the lack of a few limitations such as threads becoming completely jank after 10000 posts but most games don’t hit postcounts that high anyway. modbot has a bit of a learning curve, especially as your game becomes less and less automated, but i don’t think it’s super hard to figure out and there’s enough people who can help you with it should you need it.

something really cool you can do is if you’re running a normal ass automated setup you can rand yourself in the game. you’d still obviously need to look for a host for reasons stated in the first paragraph but it’s a thing you can do.

i think purely on software MU has a lot of pros, generally. i could probably go on but im lazy and i think it’s less important than the last bit of this post will be probably

i personally found FoL software kinda comfortable to host on for games that aren’t standard enough to be fully modbot automated just because i find the PMs here to be kinda nice for action submissions and general host to player communication, whereas MU private messages are generally clunkier. even in more standard games i still find it comfortable but it’s undeniable that an automated game would probably be easier and might suit your needs more.

in the past we didn’t have mostly-automated votecounts which imo was prob the biggest thing missing here/biggest additional workload for hosts outside of hosting their games manually.

i do think that it’s not like, a crazy time investment to manually host games, but if you’re someone with a busy schedule or a weird timezone, then having the game run for you and flips automated for you might be really appealing. granted, having a co-host mostly alleviates this.

this is probably more of a personal thing, but i find hosting games manually to be more fulfilling and generally more like i’m running a game i created? i still find hosting automated games generally satisfying but it feels better to have a game i ran by hand go well.

plus when you’re writing all the role PMs then every detail is up to you, so if you have different views of how things should interact then the worlds your oyster.

but really, as for which is better to host on…

it’s kind of up to you?

the community on here and MU are fairly different, what they play, how they play, how much they post, etc.

what kind of game do you want to host? this is less true now than in the past but it’s still relevant imo, generally the community on MU favors vanilla/standard games more than weirder/more bastardy games. i think the game preference gap between here and there has thinned out a lot over the past few years, but throwing a weird bastard game with conversion and other bastard mechanics or whatever the hell you’d describe FoL/LFoL/Virtuous as into the max? that game would absolutely fill better here.

i feel like there’s vaguely different ideas of balance between sites too but again this is sorta less true now than it was before.

what you want out of your game is kind of relevant too, imo. generally our forum is a higher posting forum compared to MU and this may be a good thing or a bad thing. we’re also generally more casual?

i believe the rules/hosting expectations between here and MU are very similar but there might be a few small differences that might be relevant to you as well.

the queue system between sites is fairly different, and this is actually probably somewhat significant. here you just put your game on the queue and eventually you get told it can be opened, you can maybe get it pushed forward or backward if you need to. to be honest i don’t actually know exactly how the queue works here.

whereas on MU there’s the queue thread you see what dates are free and you pick a date and open your signups like two weeks before that date. so if the specific date is important to you this might be more advantageous to you

i could probably go on but uh… i typed all of this out and then scrolled up and saw your question is “would it be more difficult” and not “which is better to host on/where should i host” so like 80% of this post isn’t relevant but eh the first part probably answers it for you anyway and i typed all this out so whatever. i don’t feel like not sending this so surprise wallpost that eliza will like 1.6 seconds after i send it

4 Likes

yea

1 Like

mods are covering up the money pox

2 Likes

This is the next Ebola.
I suspect it’ll enter the US but get quickly contained.

1 Like

i considered hiding that in the middle to see if you’d find it lmao

also wtf monkeypox jumpscare good thing i dont leave the house often (or the country)

3 Likes

its suspected that it could, yes
it’d be less deadly there because it has generally better welfare but its still something you really dont wanna catch

2 Likes

True…

yea
i think virtuous COULD fill on MU but i have hyped up virtuous games very much here and not at all on MU
and i also do not have a reputation as a host on MU whereas here i think i have a good reputation as a host that hosts enjoyable games?