Curated Grand Idea Discussion Thread

Hello!

I am Geyde, the Moderator.

I and a few other people who are interested in the Grand Idea thread and running Grand Idea games have been working on making a GI thread which will be heavily curated in order to ensure that GI games are actually runnable with the vast majority of the roles on the thread (even if they may not be balanced).

Big planned changes:

• Most roles will be Town/Mafia roles in that they can be either alignment.
  • Roles with strong kill power and conversion will be hit to be either heavily gated or otherwise limited
  • LFoL-esqe allowance of weird as fuck mechanics. I expect around 20% of the roles in the thread to be absolutely ridiculous but Iā€™m fine with that.
  • Roles MUST be able to be run in both turbo and longform. Roles are allowed to be much stronger in one over the other as long as they donā€™t break the game entirely.
  • I will occasionally go through the GI thread and make edits to roles. Iā€™ll try not to remove roles without talking about it firstā€¦ideally in here.

People who are making up an unofficial ā€˜GI Teamā€™ with me ala CoD team:

1 Like

hole e shit

:O

What Iā€™ve done:

Iā€™ve gone through the GI thread and selected an absolute boatload of roles that Iā€™m going to port over to the new thread. I chose them for a variety of reasons, a solid chunk of which will have changes.
If yours didnā€™t get added for whatever reason, youā€™re welcome to resubmit to the new GI thread when Iā€™m done porting things over

2 Likes

geyde can roles be up to host decision like botc?

e.g.: You learn which player in your team is the least valuable.

2 Likes

ā€˜as long as a host for a gi turbo can run itā€™

2 Likes

canā€™t wait to submit town creator from dorian gray fm

1 Like

added

2 Likes

OP is up
Iā€™d like thoughts on implementation of ā€˜no color for town/mafia rolesā€™ because itā€™s kind of ugly but I couldnā€™t figure out a better way to do it

1 Like

kinda ugly?

yea
i think its probably good to have a designated color for it
mostly beacuse its too much work to say ā€œSome Guyā€ for most people

hmm
not sure what color to use

1 Like

purple :clueless:

Yellow :wowee:

1 Like

nah purple is unseen-coded which is normally mafia