Death's Wind (FoL) - CANNED

Death’s Wind (FoL)

What sensible setup uses Candle? – bloodtree

Hosted by @Zone_Q11
Co-hosted by @CRichardFortressLies
Reviewed by @Geyde

Rules:

1. Follow the Forum Game Rules.
  2. Post a minimum of 10 game related posts per active phase.
  3. Fail to heed the former rules more than twice, and you will be subbed out or modkilled.
  4. Hosts have the privilege to add and/or remove rules in the future, except the first rule.

General Mechanics

• This is a slightly altered open setup based on a setup with the same name from Mafia.gg. This setup consists of 1 Candle, 1 Medic, 1 Difference-Burnout Parity Cop, 8 Villagers, 1 Deathcaller, 1 Godfather, and 1 Sweeper.
  • Day Phases last 48 hours unless majority is reached early. Night Phases last 24 hours.
  • All actions must be submitted in your classcards / role PMs or designated Discord channel.
  • Mafia members may only communicate with each other in Discord during both phases.
  • Factional attacks are mandatory and not assigned.
  • Action deadline is two hours before phase change.
  • The host will announce when XYLO occurs.
  • The game starts when the player list is fully filled.

Special Mechanics

Roles

Vote Mechanics

• Use the latest voting format.
  • Plurality: Whoever has the most votes at the end of a phase will die.
  • Majority: At any point during day phase, whoever has >50% of all votes will die.
  • In case of a tie, a random player within the tie will be executed.
    –unless [No Exe] is also tied, in which case [No Exe] will take priority.
  • [No Exe] is a valid vote, and may be hammered to end the day early.
  • Self-votes are considered valid votes.
  • Votes are locked in LYLO.

Players

1. @/Someone
  2. @/Relm
  3. @/eaves
  4. @/Zugzwang
  5. @/Rowen
  6. @/thepigeonnyc
  7. @/iamagummybear

Backups

1. @/WindwardAway

Spectators

“Oh boy we redchecked somebody everyone quickhammer before they log on in case they’re deathcaller”

3 Likes

Statements Dreamed Up By The Utterly Deranged

4 Likes

“Nobody is allowed to vote until action deadline if you do you’re outed” Statements Dreamed Up By The Utterly Deranged

2 Likes

kid named candle deathcaller interaction

2 Likes

/in

I’m not concerned about being deathcaller in this situaiton I’m concerned about being villager in this situation

1 Like

anyway town’s gonna exe within a parity cop difference check, hit the godfather, and realize they happened upon the funniest possible scenario (realistically the flip hider stops this but sh)

1 Like

Wind is dead???

4 Likes

i fucking knew it

6 Likes

Death’s Wind. Not Wind’s Death.

1 Like

/in

if this doesn’t fill I will cry, and all who did not /in will be responsible

3 Likes

nyaaaaaaaaaaaa I would probably join but hammers and action deadline would totally cause this kind of play

it wouldn’t break the setup but it would be unfun to play with imo

4 Likes

/in

2 Likes

Hi @Relm

OP has been updated.

All roles with day abilities now have to activate their ability within the first half of day phase, lest they don’t use it for that day.

@May @Zugzwang

1 Like

but it doesn’t affect stuff…? only mafia have day abilities, town can enforce a strict no-voting policy easier now that it only affects half of their day

2 Likes

This makes it worse

2 Likes

I mean, I guess it makes it somewhat better in that “don’t vote or you’re outed” rules would only be enforced in the first half of the day, but it makes the Deathcaller essentially just a public mafia dayvig, because nobody is going to make a wagon bigger than 1 person in the first half of the day. I don’t see the point in having it around, forcing town to enforce a no-voting strategy that is strategically irrelevant but fun-wise annoying, over a public mafia dayvig in that case.

The “quickhammer the deathcaller before they log on” strategy is just as potent, and I dislike that a lot.

1 Like

Well, the obvious answer is “Candle day”, but you can change that interaction, I suppose. My point is that I don’t like incentivising players not to interact with a given game mechanic for half the day, it makes the setup’s roles take away from the vanilla mafia experience rather than add to it.

1 Like