Dicey Dungeons FM (8/15) - Game Thread (MAFIA WINS)

by irritation

i was going to say i want to have faith in eli but after stellaris federations im not so sure

I joined the game because I like the flavour

I’ve not played the game because I have more important things to do irl for the time being, I might restart playing soon but rn I’ve been doing irl things

start*

Also I’m on phone rn so I’m not going to be doing anything either, phone discourse sucks

acceptable i guess

/vote Arctic @Host_Account_1

i would ask why but you would probably give me some dumb cryptic answer

kinda fair

mafia transfers to botc, botc doesn’t transfer to mafia… nearly at all

@Litten

Im gonna ask because Im terrible at reading personality, but what did you think of Arctics playstyle in general.

It’s not exactly a townread, but I think that his posts prior to P#988 (the post I am quoting right now) were pure. Although we have differing opinions and excel at different methods to read others, his general composure and tone is… composed.

I do want to hear more from him before anything.
…from what I see, it appears that he has not responded to my posts yet.
@VooDooSh, could you please respond to the latter half of P#926 and the last part of P#971?
(Never mind about P#971, apparently you unintentionally covered that in P#1139.)

Wait, how does this imply that VooDoo is towny?
It implies he is composed, but I don’t see how his response is particularly towny.

Erm… I can read the sentences, but I am having a hard time understanding what they mean.
Could you elaborate further on this, and give an example?

Okay. Never mind what I said about you covering P#971 in this post. The discrepancy remains.
I will ask you again: What did you think Aelin said in P#849?
What made you post “is it not considered normal to read people” in P#855?

Hold it! I disagree with your read, specifically about “I think mafia would be trying to please the consensus a little bit more”. I don’t know Mistyx’s meta well enough, but I know for certain that there are people in this site who do FPS (Fancy Play Style) as wolf and still get away with it.
*looks at Litten and VCFM* :eyes:

Maybe I am using a bad example (since I already forgot the details of VCFM), but my point is: "This site has some darn good players who can -and probably will- break your common sense of “how mafias should behave”.

…? Shark, who do you think Aelin is pushing aside from VooDoo?

mafia are more likely to notice or pick up on hints of when someone is accusing them because they have a guilty conscience and will be looking out for it

it’s a stupid read but that’s what i was trying to say

Looking at Shark and Jarek’s back and forth shows nothing good. Shark especially. Posts like #959 just seem like a parrot of the defense Jarek gave earlier about not wanting to be wrong even though it had already been disscussed in thread why that isn’t important.
Both of them kept bringing up being botc players, and were correlating it to their maf play.
It doesn’t matter.
Posts like:

Just seems like deflecting the accusation. They are trying to defend themselves without actually having to do so.
Then their interaction with Jarek can be boiled down to accusations which they never actually commited to and disscussion about another game.
They also bring up having an evil mindset repeatedly, to defend a claim they made about guilt and why it’s towny that they would feel guilty about being wrong, and read more as them trying to again, explain that the read on them is wrong and not any attempts at actually moving the game forward.

Jarek on the another hand also never really commit to anything they were saying. They didn’t want to bring stuff up in case it was wrong, and just don’t commit to anything they’ve said and as a result, they haven’t contributed much.

So do you like the list or no? What does it make you think of Voodoo? Most of their posts can be summerized as “I think X but also not X”
I think I’d want to vote Shark over Jarek here, but nethier seems to have traction.

do you think they’re likely to be w/w?

Alright
Read parts of the thread, skimmed through the rest, deciding to place my vote here for undisclosed reasons for the timebeing, I might move it more towards the end of the day
/vote ATNoName @Host_Account_1

Current thoughts going from most town to least town, I’m not holding back on these reads btw as I can’t be bothered second-guessing myself:

Arctic
Litten
Agent47
Kiiruma
Sharklifter

Aelin
Jarek
Zone_Q11

VooDooSh
Mistyx
ATNoName

Not placing because of lack of content:
Magnus
Kanave
GamblingAddict

I’m willing to give explanations on all of these as I can explain my thought process behind each and every one of them

1 Like

@Arctic
don’t say I don’t ever do stuff for ya

1 Like

Some various town leany thoughts on other players:
Arctic I prolly woulda voted early game cause their posts read as trying to appear productive without realy being so, but they’ve contributed enough after the fact that I’d lean them town.
Voodoo is literally playing FM as if it were video mafia. Reading him as if he were a VM player, I’d read him town, so I’m putting him town for now. (except for their omgus that was p bad lol) Edit: oh they mech had too? LMAO good role design
ATNo I don’t like the pressure they’ve gotten. I think despite the low post count many of their early posts (past the first 3-4) have been pushing the game forward and making content.
Mistyx’s few posts are also towny esp #766
Kiiruma is town lean idk why I just read that from their posts bleh

explain as many of kiiruma, sharklifter and skadoosh as you want

1 Like

Honestly? I can see it. Namely the way they accused each other and then just kinda played it off jokingly, felt like they didn’t really treat each others talk with as much consideration as the rest of thread, except for their talk about a different game. The difference in their conversations about content and not about content def reads like atleast 1 is a wolf

okay reading on further this is kinda like, the opposite of what they’ve been doing all game. (which ig means that it’s kinda towny bc i’ve read most of their stuff as wolfy but the inconsistency aint a great look ethier)