Dicey Dungeons FM (8/15) - Game Thread (MAFIA WINS)

Usually my games are focused around getting my wolf team into town core or at least town read. It’s not that I don’t bus, it’s just that when I do bus it’s not because I lead a giant push against them

I had to phrase it better and the simplest thing I could think of after was ate

1 Like

Makes a lot of sense. I agree.
But I am 400 posts behind so I will vote after I finish reading hopefully soon.

Thank you, I think I get it. And even if I don’t, doesn’t really matter.

I thought of the exact same thing before starting, but didn’t post it because I was late. Good post.

i enjoy this
especially the part about 260
that absolutely looks like a post a wolf makes to look concerned

what does this mean
you trust my read?

Again, makes perfect sense. Why do you call this a terrible read if it makes sense? Rhetorical question.

Fair enough. Apparently I also missed the fact that you made P#125 as a reply to Aelin’s post.

Well… Unfortunately this is how I catch up and be up to date with the thread. I kinda need to do this, lest I fall behind the context and become the equivalent of a tree.

No, it really was a polite “shut up”. Literally.
However, I will agree to rescind it, as I now have a better suspect.

/vote Sharklifter
@Host_Account_1

Good post. Very authentic.
Ignore me posting these, I am probably a bit annoying right now with these.
I will try to summarize later. Or I might change my thoughts down the line. I don’t know.

Just to provide my personal opinion here, I don’t see this as my particular fault as a new player because I’ve been trying to actively be in the conversation and bring out my views but while trying to solve what the hell everybody is meaning by their terminology, and when everybody is typing their things, my posts get ignored, it’s not my fault in general, about 260, how is that bad? How do you think someone is useless as a town in general, ALL town are members, so that’s why I was asking the question.

193 is a joke, its pretty obvious (im pretty sure your numbers mean what post number they are at), nobody would say that to be serious

and 235 was because I was getting read as a bad guy FROM a BOTF game, that’s why I was explaining it, and in general I was just explaining the things that happened during the game for fun, I don’t see why that typically makes me sus

Is it because of solely that post?

Also that’s kinda fair
I saw it as trying to be a mediator and focus on the game but not getting involved

idk
because town can make posts like that too? it just gave me bad vibes

Then play your own way. Pretend you’re a spectator. That’s what I like to do in video mafia. But I don’t know if it translates to forum.

2 Likes

I thought the idea is that Mistyx wasn’t very participating compared to the average player during that time, and that post wasn’t good enough to counter that. At least that’s what I saw, and then you wrote that.

And about the convos I’ve been trying to make are why are people jumping on a bandwagon so early? That got some progress however nobody has really listened to me so I’ve been really trying to work things out solo, I don’t think my convos ‘‘failing’’ to make progress is a valid argument because that depends on what the other players are focusing on, even though my thing felt like something useful to the conversation because that bandwagon early on was pretty sus

The reason people are so eager to jump on wagons when they don’t have any mechanical information (that is information you get from your role or the host), is because that is one of the ways that town generates social information, which is information gleamed from how people play the game. People are pushing, prodding, and poking others in order to gather reactions from them, which allows them to push harder (reinforce their read) or back off as they realize their read is wrong. It’s hard to explain why this is effective if you aren’t used to reading people like that, but trust me when I say that it is an effective tool in finding out who is mafia.

1 Like

Keep in mind, just because there is a big wagon doesn’t mean that the people are going to execute that player this early on, in fact that is pretty taboo early on in D1 in fm.

I find self-awareness as towny. Mafia are self-aware too, but they probably do not share their thoughts in public like that.
To be fair, now that I said that Mafia might start making self-aware posts on purpose, but I trust the more experienced forum players to catch it in case it happens.

I can see why it is useful to jump on a wagon to gather information from that player, in terms of their defense, ways they use others through quotes and even just small hints in terms of what they are emotionally kind of feeling, desperate? Could be a bad guy or an important good guy, yknow, I do understand those things, the argument I was trying to make is: I felt it was WAY too early to do one in the first place, and to jump on it like that felt like a vote from a bad guy trying to push for an easy vote, or in general just to waste time to push it onto them so they don’t get pushed, as that is a smart move, from what I can tell.

if mistyx is a wolf i think voodoo has tmi on it