Dicey Dungeons FM (8/15) - Game Thread (MAFIA WINS)

1 Like

A mod poster that can pose as an actual host announcement is like death tailor+ levels of bastard

1 Like

I just want to post this

1 Like

It’s significantly worse…when on scum
Modposter on town doing this is just ‘really stupid IC’

1 Like

SK accidentally using a PGO the night 2 scum visit them is fine

Yes I meant it’s so bad that I would never play a game with that host again if it wasn’t advertised as super bastard

1 Like

Scum should have seen it coming
That play was a hard read

2 Likes

I mean we made a good play. We knew it was a PGO and goaded scum into visiting us

(We did not)

1 Like

If you don’t have a drug dealer in your setups what are you doing

1 Like

nya
sleeby

1 Like

If you don’t have infinite day lie detector neutrals in your setups what are you doing

3 Likes

real Grand-Idea-that-didn’t-get-a-number-for-some-reason hours

2 Likes

Setup idea:

Everyone is neutrals
Instead of FM, players must figure out what they want to do over the course of the game
Phases are based on awake/sleep cycles dependent on where you live

2 Likes

I mean 99% of the time that ability has almost no impact

We are the 1%

What’s our win con

And like they can go off their devices and do things they don’t want to
And the game ends when they die
And they can make money to earn ingame things

1 Like

No offense taken. 15p is also, tbh, a rather interesting choice of numbers, since 3p is solidly too small without higher-powering the wolf roles and 4p is on the large side of things.

The original setup didn’t have any vanillas on the wolf team, I believe (my memory may be faulty at almost half a year) and I felt that the difference in densities was an issue in terms of player enjoyment. Upping the mafia numbers to 4p might have been too much without upping the overall numbers to 16p and/or adding another town role, but I think that within the parameters of the host’s design, the setup was reasonable, and within the parameters of reasonable numbers, the host’s design choices were reasonable.

There’s this feeling I get, which may or may not be true, when I see something like “The game would never be close to 50/50” that people want to point fingers at the setup, since that’s usually how that works out. I’m not about to say that this setup (or really any setup) has a definite EV within a small margin of error, since I think that’s rather presumptuous on what constitutes mean/median player behaviour. FoL is a relatively social community. It’s no NUF, but it’s also nowhere close to being a sharkfest or even above the midline of competitiveness.

1 Like

Depends on your faith rank

At low levels you make your own win condition
At high levels you are given a win condition

3 Likes

im still mad about sk pgo because it literally didnt fit with the rest of the sk’s wincon or role

3 Likes