Dicey Dungeons FM (8/15) - Game Thread (MAFIA WINS)

Albeit, the last two we’ve played are forum games and both different so idk how the approach goes

Wouldn’t this mean that he’d be less sensitive towards your death

wdym? Most of those games are not really ment to be taken seriously tbh, I feel like it’d be less on a game that takes 20 minutes rather than a game that takes about like a month or so to finish

Easy push D1 usually is an easy push later on tbh as games continue, so I don’t exactly think I’m giving you much credit there. The only thing which really gives a turnabout on an easy push is someone like taking control of it or someone greenchecking them. Furthermore, you could know this should you be mafia because mafia usually have some way to chat, so unless you’re a lost wolf, you’d be able to be coached on basics like that.

Also you just said ‘on my first game’ but now you’re providing a fairly solid case of what is safe compared to what I said which shows you’ve at the very least thought this through

I’ll end off on saying

lol.

that’s all. That’s my defense. If that’s your argument then I don’t have to humor it with a response.

Which is why I assume he feels bad is because he knows I hate both of these mechanics involving death

I assume the more you play with someone, the more insensitive you get towards their death

not really I would want to keep them alive the more I play with them

You got someone to banter with and manipulate easier

Why are the 2 main wagons painful and the person I choose to push out of 3 sorta suspects in my mind (or 2 and someone I wanted to push for content)… acts like this

I think I just don’t understand this now. Because obviously you three must be seeing something with how you’re talking that I just don’t see. I don’t think all 3 of you are mafia and just flopping. But I don’t think any of you are self aware or taking things too seriously.

@Arctic you’re the one person who’s around who I’ve found to be reasonable.
So if I’m missing something can you explain it to me?

Is there something within Atlas, Shark, ATNo and Jarek (and in particular these latter 3) that I should see as townie but is just not agreeing with me?

I’m starting to think there’s some sort of playstyle I’m not adapted to and I want to adapt to it the soonest I can

Does this involve me? I would question why it does involve me because I’m not entirely sure on why I feel weird and changing my answers and approaches alot tbh, either I’m doing it unintentionally or maybe I just play weird, but if I’m involved I’m trying to take the game as serious as I can (albeit I’ll throw a joke in once in awhile)

You’ve been painful with having a lot of posts and yet so many feeling blah. Plus the jokey ones really just feel out of place, so you are involved yes. Each of you 4 are involved to different extents.

Blah as in…like a kind of word spread or something along the lines? Sorry for being stupid just need to know what I’m not doing good at lol

It’s just kinda a lot of words and not much content to where I’m reading it and I’m like ‘Oh wow, I can see Shark’s being original and taking things in a good direction. I can see their intention behind this and that it’s manifested throughout a few of their posts’

It feels like you’ve got no sort of direction and everything’s just going different ways. I don’t know what’s going on. It’s not too townie and all it’s doing is make me want to just stick a basic read on you and not revisit it which is not ever good advice to do for any slot. It just feels easier.

Damn I’m actually doing a good enough job to appear intelligent? Okay sweet.

Well I said I was new to Forum Mafia but I never said I was new to social deduction games as a whole, I’ve sank countless hours in several of the most popular games in the genre (namely ToS [LOL], Throne of lies [ :sob: ] and if you count it, untrusted, and most recently BOTC, I’d like to think I picked up on some “trends” that happen in games like this and sheep voting like the example I gave above is one of them. Easy to do, relatively risk-free since everyone in the sheep vote is equally to blame and you can blame the shepard for leading it in the first place.

Blockquote
I think I just don’t understand this now. Because obviously you three must be seeing something with how you’re talking that I just don’t see. I don’t think all 3 of you are mafia and just flopping. But I don’t think any of you are self aware or taking things too seriously.

Well you hit that on the head too. I don’t have anything to contribute because this is my first time on this particular game. Until I know what to look for, I can’t really…LOOK for anything. I know I have to be active, though. I can’t just sit around with 0 posts when posts are the only way for people to gain anything from your existence. So I’ve decided to act like myself, and see what happens. Do what I do in most other games of this caliber; fuck around and see how people react. It’s true; I’m not trying to do anything and I’m certainly not savvy enough just yet to know if I’m accidentally dropping hints as to what I might be, but eh. Seeing how the only way I can give information to people is by being vocal I’ve decided to be more vocal, hence the vote - I think AtNo is evil and I don’t have a reason for it. Usually in games like this I’d have a solid basis like a mechanical excuse or, failing that, pretending to have a mechanical excuse such as “this person is scum because my ability said so” which serves as my arguments at least early on until I get more solid information. Here it seems to just be more based on reads and all that so…I can’t do any of that, right. So I literally just vote them because that’s what I believe and see what happens. Maybe I get called evil for it. Maybe I don’t. Gotta put info out there somewhere ;)

TL;DR no bully please :pleading_face:

/vote Jarek @Host_Account_1

Oh I forgot defending yourself too much was considered evil as well. Probably should have gone with the “don’t care virgin” defense instead

4 Likes

I will say I do have problems with that and it isn’t only a clause just to get out but I tend to overexplain things due to my mindset of making sure not to underexplain, my intention was to provide as much as what I was thinking rather than a basic “lol I think this” so that’s why those posts are so much, I don’t see how they don’t provide much content though, as I’ve been trying my best to involve my reads and opinions

Again, this is overall my first forum game, so I’m not going to do the same things as probably most people would consider the norm, which is why I feel using it on any newbie cause you saw another do it isn’t a valid argument to me at least.

I know this is so self aware and is going to come across as weird but…

I almost never start a wagon. Is this what it’s like?

I have 0 idea how much this is going to continue, I’m going to sleep, do some stuff, be back and then fuck knows what’ll have happened by then.