[Game Thread] Morbtainado - Morbfia EPIC win

So, to be clear, you think the scum aren’t trying to lead either of our wagons at the moment? Other than Leafia, do you think they’re hanging back and sheeping, voting Magnus, not voting, or what?

Actually, thoughts on the Magnus train in general, since you hard townread them? Townled, scumled, etc.

Why do you think Leafia is voting me? Do you think it’s likely that we’re scum together, or are your reads on us mutually exclusive?

If you were king for a day and got to pick who got voted out this day phase, would you rather it be me, Leafia, or someone else? Why?

And yeah, fair on the half my posts being about you thing, even if half of ten is five. Honestly, you’ve just posted less than other people, and before I figured out how to iso people, I was overwhelmed by the concept of having to read through the entire thread lmao. I’m working on analysis of others right now. Plus, I love asking questions; I’m sure there’s absolutely no way you could have figured that out from the rest of this post.

1 Like

I appreciate the remarks, the carrot and the stick. Some part of me focused on Leafia as a suspect, and I mentally tacked Zorvo onto that case with May’s name in the annotation, and that would’ve expressed itself in my words. I should take a step back.

(I forgot about the gun mechanic, and I wasn’t keeping that in mind.)

If Mafia isn’t leading a wagon, that would suggest none of the wolves are being voted.

I still think Magnus has been making reads that make sense; he’s come across as Towny to me

1 Like

Off topic, but I never provided an actual response to this.
We vote three candidates, highest vote becomes king. They effectively become a day vigilante.

How does this mechanic add to the game? Seems like the goal would be to replicate the day in as best a fashion as possible.

No problem. Let me know what you find.

Also it could just mean that all three wolves are being voted.

Bam. Solved. May/pigeon/magnus look i did.

But also i think given only three wolves they dont actually have much control on a day one. May could be wolf as an example who started the pigeon wagon and her two partners could be low posters who are waiting to see how the day develops.

It is best not to lack imagination if town, magnus.

1 Like

Well sadly i didnt have the care to push it through this time but let me explain the premise when i used it in champs.

Basically it is a vote within a vote. It is meant to force mafia to make decisions on miltiple levels and to out them. It also gives lhf who are voted king a chance to kill someone who is pushing them who might be wolf. It is meant to restore the power indifference between thread control players and lower activity people. Obviously mafia if chosen will kill town and simply die the next day most times. I thought of it pn the fly but i think with proper prep it is an interesting mechanic for mountainous.

I would be shocked if at least one wolf isnt in the non voters right now having a look at them. Eliza/epitau/apoc/kanave

Apoc the least suspicious of those but hm hm hm.

VOTE: Magnus

doing this purely because both of the main wagons suck
pigeon’s suck’s less tho

Oh. Hello eliza lol

hello i don’t understand may stuff at all

It was a whisper of a read in order to get wagons polarized and people discussing the slot and to get may back into thread (if possible) to see what formed around it. I saw an opportunity and i took it to break the stagnation of the day.

1 Like

you know that’s fair
i don’t like how quickly the wagon got to 4 votes in that case

1. I just went to take mafia notes in a notebook (shocking use), and when I opened it up, I found that apparently a girl had written her phone number there years ago and I just never noticed. LMAO RIP etc etc et al

2. I’ve finally figured out how to iso people on this platform, thank god. Here’s some thoughts:

Vague townlean on Apocryphal; she seems more concerned with scumhunting than looking good, and her posts seem to be spontaneous rather than too thought-out, if that makes sense. She’s not afraid to toss out comments that would be easy to pounce on as a “contradiction” later, which I like.

Zorvo is… incomprehensible to me. His defense of Leafia rolls into too obvious to be W/W, then it rolls back over, and it might even roll a few more times; I feel like I’m thinking in a hamster wheel. “I also scumread them, but you’re voting for the wrong reasons” feels like such a cop-out when defending someone - it allows one to argue for someone while trying to dodge being connected to them. In the end, I’m neutral on Zorvo, but in the “wild opinions in both directions” kind of way rather than the “no strong opinions at all” one. His calling the wagon on me into question would be a bit strange if Pigeon were scum, but I could definitely see it if this were a town v town scenario. I think I need to stop thinking about Zorvo, because I’m spending way too much time trying to map out every possibility and it’s just not going to happen.

Perhaps I shouldn’t have gone with all the high-post people first, because I am already getting sleepy, but Achro’s early interactions with Jaiden strike me as a bit odd, though I’m not the first to say this. He backed off fairly quickly and started talking about how if Squid is wolf they think Jaiden isn’t. They just seem to be directing a lot of attention toward Jaiden, and I’d definitely keep an eye on one if the other flips wolf. I don’t have a ton of thoughts on his analysis apart from Jaiden; it mostly just makes my brain play dial-up noises. I don’t mind starting the wagon on me, especially contextualizing it as pressure to actually post (which I did very much appear to need at the time). Starting competing wagons is generally protown, at least. I also very much that I should leap to suspect people agreeing with me if town because it’s fun and I deserve it, and also it’s like, my number one D1 strategy. Thanks for the cool gamestate, though.

My brain is an omelette by now, but I’ll at least try to read Magnus. The read is uhhhhhhhhh the train on them feels weird but I think that if Magnus is town, the scum, if they’ve checked in lately, will have jumped off of it by now. When I’m tired, the dependent clauses in my sentences start to become more and more mazelike. He’s doing decent analysis. The kingmaker idea is weird, but it draws very early attention in a way that mafia tend to dislike. Spreadsheets are based. Jumping third on my counterwagon is vaguely based. I feel like they’re too smart to do that as mafia. No grammar police is based. I’m so tired

1 Like

absolutely destroyed

1 Like

Tbh i agree. Magnus has me itchy, pigeon feels desperate either way, and leafia was quick to follow me.

Dont think thats the team though lol

1 Like

Alao means nothing if pigeon is v tbh

aye

the thing towards achro is super ??? and i feel like its way too calm tonally to be desperate

plus its self pres presented as if its not which ime is wolfy

1 Like

Thank you!
And I agree with this.

Zorvo has anyone ever accused you of tunneling before.

1 Like

There are three hundred and sixty four potential scumteams and I thought I caught two of them in one day. Forgive my impatience.

Suspecting a null-poster D1 would suck, though.
Between Eliza and Kanave…

What’s ime short for?
Gotcha, thanks for your input.