[Game Thread] Morbtainado - Morbfia EPIC win

But I prob evaluate things first.

Still believe you guys are not aligned though.

Was there any meaningful interaction between Pigeon and I for this to happen? If Pigeon could go either way, and Iā€™m Town, in a hypothetical situation what if Pigeon and I both flip t/t?

What are your reads then, in that world?

Let me answer my own questions, because I like them and think theyā€™re good questions, and also I LOVE to talk.

1. I think the wagon on me was started by town (i.e. I townread Achro), as the initial motivations for it seem pretty townie, but I think at least some of its momentum is scumled - it picked up very fast, in my opinion. I believe at least one of Pigeon, Magnus, and Leafia is probably scum.

2. The wagon on Pigeonā€¦ I started it, so obviously I donā€™t think Iā€™m scum, and my opinion on everyone else depends heavily on how Pigeon flips. I think itā€™s safe to say there was a good chance at least one mafia member voted for Pigeon at the wagonā€™s height, regardless of whether heā€™s town or not.

3. Damn, I ask irritating questions. I really canā€™t make out whatā€™s going on with Zorvo, and Iā€™d love to see a flip there so that I can stop thinking about him - there are some decent connections to be made, I think. Not a really strong answer, but itā€™s late.

4. The people Iā€™ve read in-depth are the heavy posters, who I always feel nervous about townreading because a. itā€™s extra-dangerous for people with a lot of influence to be maf and b. itā€™s easy to find things you donā€™t like when thereā€™s a lot of things that have been said. However, I feelā€¦ pretty good about Achro and his position in the game. I feel like I have a decent handle on his motivations and if he turned out to be mafia, I would notice decently quickly /hubris

5. Kanaveā€¦ I canā€™t tell if their ā€œ/vote Leafiaā€ post was supposed to be an actual vote or a joke, but she did just jump on an easy suspicion early on and didnā€™t really contribute beyond that. I donā€™t necessarily heavily suspect her, but I think there should be a big more pressure on her to engage with the game.

6. Pigeonā€™s most likely partnerā€¦ Ugh, I have to think about this one as well. Iā€™d probably turn my gaze to Leafia pretty quickly if Pigeon flipped scum. The read I get off of him is that heā€™d be very quick to initially distance himself from teammates D1 if the opportunity arose (hence following my vote on her), but wouldnā€™t stick with that vote until EoD (hence turning his vote and scumread onto me, while still trying to be consistent about ā€œsuspectingā€ Leafia, despite not really meshing the two together in a coherent way).

3 Likes

No idea mayā€™s wolf range but i appear to have woke up a dragon of some kind. Hype.

3 Likes

I <3 Poasting

1 Like

How good would you rate both your town and wolf game?

The current voters on Pigeon: May, min, Mistyx, Jaiden. Excluding yourself for the sake of discussion, which of the other three would you consider most likely to be Mafia, either with Pigeon as Town or Maf?

Wagon on Kanave like how Achro bussed you earlier.

Iā€™ve not played a ton of Mafia - I could could the number of games Iā€™ve played on oneā€¦ two hands? Iā€™m not very good at counting; thatā€™s a towntell.

Of those games, Iā€™ve literally been wolf once, and it was longform Blood on the Clocktower, so a very different game from this. I did fucking own at it that time, but most of the other players werenā€™t at all experienced in social deduction games, and I lucked into some of the best plays, so itā€™sā€¦ I dunno. Hard to say.

Iā€™d say Iā€™m pretty good at town, though itā€™s also difficult to judge because 1. Iā€™ve played on Discord, not on dedicated forums, which attract a different kind of audience and 2. Iā€™ve died N0 or N1 in the last three consecutive games Iā€™ve played. Two of which were probably my fault, one of which was really funny (I was a survivor who died if investigated and I got killed and investigated N0).

1 Like
  • Bussed / Bussing ā€“ Refers to either:
    1. Having been targeted at night by a Bus Driver, which will have moved your location that night ā€“ typically used in the context of reporting that information to the Town; or
    2. A strategy whereby one member of a scum team (Mafia, Triad, or Cult) accuses or votes up another member of his team, not in an serious attempt to get that player lynched, but in order to deceive the Town into believing you are not aligned with that player (even though you actually are). This can be helpful if either of you are lynched or killed at night because then the Town will remember / you can point to the fact that you were previously suspicious of that player.

I didnā€™t mean it like that.

Did you mean wagoned

ā€œWagonedā€ just seemed like strange terminology so I didnā€™t use it, but yeah.

Hm so a couple of things as i run of posts. First suck it apoc i am the top poster now.

Secondly it is possible that lynching pigeon is an excellent information lynch at this point. So to fully unveil the curtain i was wanting to hear from the other person on the pigeon lynch because i felt various degrees of good on everyone else on pigeon so now i think the pigeon lynch is pure. Which if true and pigeon is town means my evil theory about non voters having increased eolf equity make more sense.

Kind of a shotgun read but its likeā€¦ they dont appear in their element either way. Like yeah i would love to have three wolf reads right now and be right like zorvo is going for but i have played enough mountainous to know thats not how it works.

Alao there are worlds where pigeon simply appealed to my desire to help lhf and it worked a bit.

I dont love it but slso i dont have a better alternative from an equity stand point right now.

May was a poke at the pigeon wagon and it poked back so lol

1 Like

With Pigeon as town, I feel a bit weird about Misty, though itā€™s hypocritical of me to say given the reasons I suspect her are all things Iā€™d do. Iā€™m not sure itā€™s really a read I can explain at the moment, just an instinct.

With Pigeon as mafiaā€¦ also Misty. Again, not sure why. I think itā€™s partially that I just find it difficult to read Minā€™s lack of substantial posts (more people should empty their minds and type paragraphs on paragraphs into a computer screen with absolutely no filter like me, I think that would improve every mafia game, forever) and difficult to read Jaiden in general.

I think part of itā€™s third-on-the-wagon paranoia, part of itā€™s that Misty seemed to explain her reasoning out gradually in a way that felt deliberate, as I tend to do as maf, I dunno. Who knows. I think I am going to go to bed immediately after hitting ā€œreplyā€.

1 Like

So in pigeon wolf worlds i am staring a fucking hole into magnus and leafia tomorrow. Since magnus is being trained right now probably leafia in that world. But if she flipped v would be real interested in magnus and i having a long chat.

In pigeon v worlds i feel better about both for going with me on this fun exercise but it wouldnt be clearing.

It would have a lot of interesting implications that from memory, because phone posting still. Hm. Actually lots of interesting thoughts on magnus implications. I feel like i need to widen my scope on that but yeah magnus gets more discussion.

Pigeon v worlds would also make his wagon being pure less likely. Just from sheer numbers and wolfy opportunism.

May, min, misty, jaiden, and the now off voting leafia

Those middle three in particular. Although min/may worlds have equity. Misty started strong and i love a good vote on me but she has fallen off a bit. Tbf she did let us know she is busy and i feel she has explained herself well when here, but still. And the mystery of jaiden will deepen.

I have to agree, Jaiden could be any alignment, heck, she could flip 3p in this mountainous game and things would make sense

1 Like

Hey pigeon. I know you wanted me to be your savior but how does being a spicy information lynch day one sound instead?

2 Likes

NOOOO PLEASE

1 Like

Okay so i admit.

I had two things in mind here.

If he had agreed i would have murdered anyone attacking this man until life left my body. No fucking way does wolf just agree to it day one and not fight. Town though can sometimes accept their death to help town.

This doesnt have to be wolf, but it isnt the clearing answer i wanted.