GOAT^2 - Game Thread (5/15) - Day 6 - Mafia wonnered

with O.Kazo maybe since he flipped mafia

2 Likes

silviu

2 Likes

Wow can’t argue with that :white_check_mark: True

2 Likes
1 Like

The only one seriously pushing lemon though is Vulgard.

1 Like

I can’t believe some people would have the gall, the sheer audacity to nominate me for execution on this particular day.

"Preflipping" Vulgard

Apparently I didn’t do this in Kaguya-sama, apparently I haven’t done this before… except I have. First I’ll draw from my opening entrance in Morbtainado, before showing an example from Kaguya-sama’s endgame.

[Game Thread] Morbtainado - Morbfia EPIC win - #206 by Magnus

(Now this was preflipping, just assuming someone I personally scumread would be executed first.)

(Also wrote this post assuming Leafia was good, because Achro asked me to reverse my thinking:)

[Game Thread] Morbtainado - Morbfia EPIC win - #457 by Magnus

As for Kaguya-sama’s endgame, I wrote this post when I still townread CRichard.

Kaguya-sama: Love is War Mafia - Game Over - Town & Hitman Win - #6488 by Magnus
But whatever. Bad defence is a bad defence. Let it be known, however, that if I had scumread Vulgard I wouldn’t have backed off because of Vulgard.

Voting O.Kazo (bussing? Question mark?)

The gist of the idea is that if any wolves were bussing O.Kazo, I’d be a prime candidate due to my “lack” of reasoning for actually voting O.Kazo. Numerous players have quoted that “yes” line, but I had already made my subjective point way earlier, so I was just being consistent.

Votes (At The Time)
Silviu200530 (3): mollylikesorigami, May, BradLand
O.kazo (3): Zorvo, KingTroll, Vulgard
BradLand (2): ElizaThePsycho, Lemonfairy
Vulgard (1): O.kazo
Magnus (1): min
Unvote (1): Marluxion
lol (1): Silviu200530

**Votes (When I slept)
Silviu200530 (4): mollylikesorigami, May, BradLand, Marluxion
Vulgard (3): O.kazo, KingTroll, Zorvo
O.kazo (2): Magnus, lol
BradLand (2): ElizaThePsycho, Lemonfairy
Marluxion (1): min

If I had been partnered with O.Kazo, I just vote someone else. Let it be known that I very easily could’ve voted Vulgard and continued my line of thought, since if I had apparently preflipped him evil I should’ve been willing to follow through.

Either execute me today if you think I’m evil, or get new material. Speak now, or forever hold your peace (or until you have new evidence). This is a challenge.

Anyway, I’m unhappy with the current state of affairs. Marl hasn’t posted yet, so I’m not opposed to that wagon existing, but I’d love to set up a train on… someone else, because the Lemon wagon isn’t working for me either. I was thinking Molly, but I haven’t actually looked at their ISO yet.

1 Like

Just the individual I actually wanted to see.

@Magnus

Can you provide me who you have as town and possibly why for each?

1 Like

Maybe you’re catching up but…would be nice to see what I want to see.

2 Likes

BTW I’m almost glad Min died; not because a JOAT died, but because I was thinking Min could be evil after the O.Kazo flip.

Townread:

• Zorvo
  • Marluxion
  • May

Townlean:

• KingTroll (Kinda).
  • Lemonfairy.

Nulltown:

• Vulgard (I can see a world where Vul flips evil, but I’m not interested in pursuing this right now.)
  • Eliza (unlikely pair with O.Kazo, imo.)

Nullread:

• Illwei
  • Lol

Nullscum:

• BradLand (Although that’s mainly from a lack of interaction.)

Scumlean:

• Molly
  • YBW

Scumread:

1 Like

What is the YBW and Molly scumreads based on? I saw you were scumreading them both in your iso, but gave slight mentions to YBW only.

2 Likes

ayyyyyyyy

2 Likes

i would caution against the “weird eod votes” pushes for now

it’s a really obviously bad-looking thing, but not so long ago i watched a villager snipe vote another villager at eod to save a wolf, and they were poe’d for it forever even though i thought they were obvious town

people start acting irrationally under time pressure as either alignment, and it generally looks more wolfy than not

granted lemon’s posts today are pretty heavily uninspiring, and my gut townread for purity on her can only be stretched so far, just, be careful with condemning someone just for acting out

3 Likes

Can agree with this sentiment.

1 Like

An opening wallpost for the sake of a wallpost is not a towny behaviour. Using it to make yourself look towny is a bad look, especially since they aren’t difficult to make. This left YBW at nullscum.

States an intention to want to be helpful, which means we can raise the bar for YBW.

There’s nothing really useful from the beginning, though. And I know nobody was being useful yet, but there isn’t really an effort to try and read anyone else.

Responding to my comment on the wallpost, YBW changes the message to “wolves need to win as well as look good” which is just self-explanatory? I wasn’t saying that wolves don’t need to get misexes, but they need to look good while doing it, like a villager just making reasonable mistakes. So this is more of a deflection post if anything.

No strong reads on anyone yet, really.

Vulgard: good but only kinda, ultimately null.
Zorvo: can’t read this guy.
Magnus: what a mess.
Eliza: kinda suspicious, but only from lack of content.

Nothing dynamic, nothing substantial. Appearing helpful. (Yes, I know I can be hypocritical in this manner.)

This is basically the first “good” post from what I’ve seen.

I don’t like questions, because they put the pressure on other people to explain themselves while leaving yourself unscathed and looking good because, hey, you’re engaging in the thread.

Seems to read from vibes, not from analysis. Which is valid.

“I haven’t read this person, but I’m okay to execute them.” Like a wolf not caring who dies, as long as it’s not their partner.

Joking about being evil, not alignment-indicative, but I’ve noticed wolves are more likely to joke around than villagers are. I explained this in Morbtainado iirc, but I can reiterate myself.

Another nullread. Wolves don’t need to analyse other players to discern their alignment, wolves only need to gather information to avoid incriminating themselves, so a lack of reads can be AI.

This could be an attempt to shift attention away from O.Kazo by saying “I like the Silviu wagon, Vulgard’s being strange, but I don’t get why we’re voting O.Kazo”, without taking credit. Might be a stretch.

Joking about being evil.

Draws back to the idea of deflecting from the O.kazo wagon.

More joking about scumchat.
This is an actual analysis post, which is good. It also applies to O.kazo, yet YBW didn’t seem to feel comfortable voting them.

(In response to voting Marl.)

If YBW is evil, I’d feel content branding both Vul and Marl as good, myself.

Could be wanting to save O.kazo, while leaving a way out if that execution is undeniable.

Votes at the time
O.kazo (5): Magnus, lol, Vulgard, ElizaThePsycho, mollylikesorigami
Marluxion (3): KingTroll, May, YoubutWorse
Silviu200530 (2): BradLand, Marluxion
Vulgard (2): Zorvo, O.kazo
BradLand (1): Lemonfairy
Magnus (1): min

An O.kazo execution might seem undeniable, so YBW is trying to recover by discussing the possibility of O.kazo flipping wolf and what that would mean, without voting them yet.

Yeah… but it’s nothing definitive, hence the “scumlean” and not a “scumread”.

2 Likes

i haven’t really been convinced by the marl pushes

i’ve still found him towny and my snap thought post-flip was that kazo’s marl read seemed like tmi

everyone and their mother finding a different reason to wolf read marl is a little trippy for me, and it would normally make me feel like i’m missing something obvious that everyone else is seeing, but like

just by scrolling to random sections of his iso i keep townreading him? like the way he goes hard at vul, then hard pivots to shielding him when vul’s still contentious, comes off as villagery lack of agenda, the way his initial wolf read on zorvo corroded felt natural and like he really wanted zorvo to still be a wolf but it just didn’t work out, and there’s just a general vibe that he’s looking under every rock to form and triple check all his reads at all times

1 Like

Okay…read through it all…it’s pretty convincing.

I actually noticed you also looked at the “I’m pocketing you” post as well from YBW and I was wondering what difference it made, but you add the context to it and how there’s a few posts really trying to appeal to KingTroll when talking about trying to scumread someone like Vulgard that you brought up and it’s lining up.

She does have her vote on Marl to end the day, and if Marl flips town that’s the first direction I’m looking at.

2 Likes

The only thing I disagree with is the shading of the first post, but that’s mainly because I’m assuming that’s entirely a joke post?

2 Likes

i haven’t looked into spew that much yet, but i think both eliza and kt are getting a lot townier today

i have definitely seen moments of towniness from brad today and would take him out of the immediate poe, but idg how he thinks he’s been obvious town since d1 lol

i was gonna say that silviu’s last words being “i’m gonna look at kazo” were them freezing the moment they had to talk about a partner lmao, but that read obviously doesn’t apply now

i haven’t read any long posts sorry magnus

3 Likes

How dare you have better things to do.

1 Like

finally, a magnus post i can read

2 Likes