GOAT^2 - Game Thread (5/15) - Day 6 - Mafia wonnered

The accident is not your fault, mustard man

1 Like

Consider: you don’t have to tell the truth about your reads, no matter your alignment. Giving no townreads locks you out of important interactions for other people to read you with and for the mafia to give themselves away reacting to. People have a very distinctive reaction to a townread on their scumbuddy that’s easy to spot, and you’re choosing to just… not take the opportunity to bait it.

Lie! Lying is so cool! Do it as town! Do it as scum! Make a case on someone and immediately turn on anyone who votes it! Bait the wolves into killing your scumreads to get them out of your PoE! Reads and votes are a tool, especially D1 and D2, to get reactions and interactions to find the actual scum with. It’s so bizarre to me when people choose not to interact with the game because “oh well there’s not enough evidence”… you can create evidence by being wrong, a thousand times easier than being right.

16/150

2 Likes

“Lie as town” dear god, don’t do this.

2 Likes

May mentioned this on Flicker that she’s excited when she fakes her reads, I haven’t read a single comment between you and May so I’m assuming this is the case.

2 Likes

@Marluxion

Do you have anything else for me? Feels like you’re trying to stretch for reasoning here in hopes you have something but in reality you don’t believe it because you know it isn’t true.

1 Like

Do this every single day.

I’m not saying, like, tell mechanical lies, I don’t usually do that, but exclusively stating reads and making pushes you believe is so boring and dull and also useless for finding scum… how do you interact with D1s, when you don’t have any reads? Just sit around and say “we know nothing and I know nothing”… yeah, it’s 100% true, but it won’t get you anywhere. You have to fake it until you make it.

17/150

4 Likes

What have you read? Feels like you’re just here making soapbox statements.

2 Likes

Clocktower

1 Like

Votecount

KingTroll (2): Lemonfairy, May
BradLand (2): Marluxion, ElizaThePsycho
mollylikesorigami (1): Silviu200530
ElizathePyscho (1): YoubutWorse
lol (1): Zorvo
Silviu200530 (1): mollylikesorigami
Vulgard (1): O.kazo
Magnus (1): min

Not Voting (5): BradLand, Magnus, Vulgard, KingTroll, lol

2 Likes

I hope you’re not accusing me of anything. I am asking you if May said something about “faking her reads” or whatever.

1 Like

Geez such terminology, I barely learnt what “prodding” means and now “soapbox”?

1 Like

@Silviu200530 She said it here I was reacting to that.

3 Likes

Oh thanks Brad. I will go to sleep right now. I will read ya interactions tomorrow. AMA and tag meanwhile.

1 Like

That at least I can accept.

I’ve seen some garbage lies being told by town to try to push someone. It’s pretty fucking disgusting to me.

1 Like

Being confident enough in a scumread to fakeclaim a redcheck on them is like, my dream. I idolize anyone who could be that bold. I’ve never done it, but there’s times I wish I could’ve. I realize that this is maybe not a good or pro-town opinion of mine, but it’s a fun one.

18/150

3 Likes

No, fuck no, never fake a red.

Literally went through a game on MU last month, yeeted strong mafia with a strong role Day 1, game got entirely fucking ruined Day 2 with a fake red on a person that was obvious town and had good reads.

Like that’s just fucking auto-blacklist/policy kill every game for me.

2 Likes

But… teehee funnie

19/150

3 Likes

Town can never lie

Which is why I claim joat and wolves will believe me

2 Likes
why may is a wolf: a non-omgus reason for voting may

ooo i get to defend myself this is so cool. title is a joke i’m not going to vote may

honestly understand this 100% i get what you’re saying. can’t really defend my jokes so you’ll have to trust that i have the same horrid sense of mafia humor as town or wolf

it’s more of a ‘yeah this statement will be relevant later’ bookmark that i can use when i self-iso myself later out of vanity. posts and relationships i think will have more weight later on in the game than singular posts i’m willing to make full reads on

you got it sure

things lol has said that i think have been ai

lol tunneling into the post counts after they were first brought up and continuously saying how frivolous they are strikes townie vibes pretty obviously. a wolf would absolutely be trying to make town waste posts on bad topics yeah but lol has just been working it as a joke

on the other hand not getting full use out of your vote is kinda :skull:. bit scummy

yeah lol is also in the rvs phase and i respect that because i too am in the rvs phase but saying that he’s done nothing ai is kinda weird which is why i brought that up towards silv

eh. bit of a stretch i’m mostly using it as a way to get my brain cracking on people. no one’s really stuck out to me so i’m just going to keep doing random isos until i find something i can actually hook onto. also i realized i haven’t made any substance of my own to actually talk to people about lmao

i would like to do more substantial catch-up posts but we will have to wait to day 2 at the earliest. only a five hundred post game

true though

respect

okay this is your first statement in your push against me that genuinely has triggered an alarm. no if i lie and put someone i townread in my scum poe and someone from my scum poe into my townreads then, as follows

this is my stated intent by not putting my townreads on display d1. but if i put an actual wolf i’m scumreading into my townreads and i die then i will be dead with a wolf in my townreads

this is true though

in my personal opinion reaction tests are actually scummy as hell to pull out. you’re depending on someone’s reaction to a mechanical decision and arbitrarily deciding if you want to push them or not by their reaction. it’s simply an easier scumplay than smoke and mirroring a case and you can use it to ‘clear’ a maf buddy

fair. there are some games and scenarios where lying as town has benefits but i am simply not going to do it d1

wagon may guys don’t read the details just sheep me

4 Likes

I have nothing else for you rn captain, return to your duties

2 Likes