GOAT^2 - Game Thread (5/15) - Day 6 - Mafia wonnered

:champagne: Cheers.

But actually if Magnus is town itā€™s probably Lemon/Vulgard and if Magnus is wolf I got super pocketed by someone who was about to be executed and whose execution I was still advocating for even throughout the pocket and who everyone else in the thread said I was wolves with and thatā€™s beautiful. Thatā€™s wonderful. Peace and love on planet earth.

1 Like

I hate that Magnus doing all of that work makes him towny.

Why does he have to be towny?

1 Like

Magnus can you stop :stop_sign: being towny please?

1 Like

NGL when I first started asking you about shit I was trying to get as much content as possible out of you before a wolf flip but I just cannot resist the siren call of trusting the only person in the thread who is right about my slot. Forget what I said on D1 about mistrusting those who TR me. Magnus is the only bitch in the thread I trust

1 Like

Mmm Iā€™m gonna undo my edit and EBWOP here, I feel like thatā€™s too much content for me to edit in good faith, even if itā€™s a single word. I said ā€œbefore a wolf flipā€, I would like to clarify that I meant ā€œbefore a potential wolf flipā€ and I do not think a Magnus wolf flip is inevitable. You can see that I reverted the post to its original state by clicking that orange pencil. I love ethics and morals

1 Like

You and me fuckin both. Magnus isnā€™t my top wolfread, recent content or not, because I think the Lemon/Vulgard world is very plausible and explains a lot of the oddities Iā€™ve seen throughout the game (The nightkills were largely on opinionated people rather than trusted ones, but misvotes seemed to go through effortlessly, as if the wolves were trusted and low-posting rather than having to push townies - itā€™s explained by the fact that Vulgard was a somewhat trusted high-poster, hence killing the opinionated people, but pushing mostly correct reads and being ignored, and that Lemon was passively trusted and not engaging much with the vote count because she didnā€™t have to. It all makes sense. It all connects.) but I donā€™t want to wrap around into not killing Magnus today, because killing Magnus either helps prove me town, meaning I can properly work with the remaining townies rather than being sussed, or proves my theory wrong (if they flip wolf) and allows me to hunt the actual remaining wolf instead of chasing a fantasy world, because I think pretty much all of my non-Lemon/Vulgard worlds require Magnus W?

This is the most fuckin mazelike post Iā€™ve made all damn game holy hell the structure of this sucks. Itā€™s all one sentence. Why

2 Likes

I know Iā€™m losing confidence in it as well but I donā€™t want to not yeet him today because it was on my mind most of the game but now heā€™s being towny and I donā€™t like it Iā€™m just gonna go lay down. :persevere:

ok so tbh my wolf read on you doesnā€™t depend on my wolf read on magnus, but obviously everything goes out the window at lylo and iā€™ll need to recheck if magnus is town

but if magnus is town it does make me question my winning poe, because the only names left are you/lemon, and your argument today seems like itā€™s a weird way to theater, just having your partner come in and loudly tie you to a doomed villager. just doesnā€™t feel like itā€¦ accomplishes anything?

God dammit I forgot I townread Molly as well.

Stop itā€¦

Yeah, as soon as I start contemplating this game properly outside of the structure Iā€™ve built for myself (okay letā€™s flip Magnus and if theyā€™re V I push Lemon/Vulgard), I start feeling nausea.

I think Magnus still provides the most information. You know, like, how in Wordle sometimes you need to do a letter-clearing guess rather than one that you think is most likely to be the word? Magnus is a PoE-clearing execution to me, I thinkā€¦ but this argument doesnā€™t hold upā€¦ we still have one execution to spare regardless of if itā€™s wrong today or tomorrowā€¦ we could just kill Lemon now and then Magnus next, maybe that would even be strategically betterā€¦ but if I fall for this damn pocket I am going to feel such deep deep shame itā€™s so easy not to get hit by itā€¦ Iā€™m starting to feel the nausea again.

Brad, Molly, thoughts? If not Magnus today, Iā€™d be most interested in a Lemon execution, I think? But she didnā€™t really seem partnered with anyone but Vulgardā€¦ but itā€™s still possible, my reads arenā€™t the end-all-be-all, but that confidence, would she have the same confidence if wolf with Magnusā€¦ maybe she would, Magnus was still fairly townreadā€¦ but Magnus didnā€™t really call her out on the EoD vote, right? I didnā€™t get that far in the ISO maybe they did, or maybe they came in late enough that Vulgard had already done it and they didnā€™t have to retread old ground, but Vulgard had that focus on sussing Lemon for it over me, right? Did he? I forget if he actually did or if I made that upā€¦ AAA

That was supposed to be a quick TLDR for you two but I got lost in the weeds again. SHOULD WE KILL MAGNUS OR LEMON TODAY ā† thing to pay attention to

1 Like

Yes Lemon would be the other choice but Iā€™m not going there.

1 Like

OKAY COOL THANK YOU

2 Likes

Iā€™M SORRY I CANā€™T ALLOW MYSELF TO DO THAT!

1 Like

ALTHOUGH I GET THE WORDLE COMPARISON I DO THAT IF I NEED TO!

1 Like

THANK YOU FOR HAVING THE INTEGRITY THAT I DO NOT. I AM GLAD I CAN OUTSOURCE MY NAUSEA-INDUCING WIFOM DECISIONS TO SOMEONE WHO DOESNā€™T COLLAPSE UNDER ANALYSIS PARALYSIS

1 Like

I ONLY REALLY PLAY CO-ORDLE THESE DAYS IN THE MAFIA DISCORD SERVER WHERE I DO MOST OF MY GAMES ITā€™S LIKE COOPERATIVE WORDLE BUT SIX LETTERS AND ALSO ITā€™S A BLOOD SPORT AND NOT ACTUALLY COOPERATIVE AT ALL

1 Like

YOU ONLY GET ONE GUESS PER HALF HOUR SO YOU WANT TO GET AS MANY POINTS AS POSSIBLE FROM FINDING AND PLACING LETTERS SO I USUALLY DONā€™T DO LETTER-CLEARING GUESSES THERE. ESPECIALLY BECAUSE IF I SEE SOMEONE ELSE TYPING I PANIC AND HIT THE FIRST GUESS I CAN THINK OF

1 Like

I sound like a Homestuck donā€™t I. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. I take it all back.

1 Like

Wordle 472 5/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square:
:white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

SPEAKING OF WORDLE HEREā€™S MINE FOR THE DAY!

1 Like