GOAT^2 - Game Thread (5/15) - Day 6 - Mafia wonnered

We call that a “May bad reads embarrassment” here and we wholly embrace it as an inevitable consequence of our playstyle

1 Like

Given how Town’s motivated by a desire to find evils, and in a world where I’m good you aren’t willing to do that until afterward, but you’re willing to assume I’m evil before seeing my flip, it comes across as a double-standard.

Hey guys I think the wolves are KT and Molly guys. Guys. It’s KT and Molly.

1 Like

You’re assuming Magnus W, and basing your future actions on that preflip.

Because I’ve had this read for four days and I haven’t been killed during any of the nights while I was pushing other people?

We’ve killed three villagers in a row, two of which were my townreads. I have to do something.

I’ve been in doubt for most of the game. Why did I not push Magnus for four days if I wasn’t in doubt about his alignment before?

I’m literally not? I just told you I will re-evaluate if I’m wrong and that’s all I need to do. If you’re a wolf I think it’s you + May. If you’re town I’ll re-evaluate.

1 Like

I could have a signed confession from a wolf faxed directly to me, I could hold the physical paper in my hand and feel the weight of it, and I would still be sitting there like “hmmm but are we sure?”

1 Like

Arctic would probably say “skill issue.”

1 Like

Hey, Vulgard, different question, not sure if you’ll have an answer, but is your Magnus wolfread contingent on me being their partner? What about vice versa?

1 Like

And it is. I shall have to cope.

1 Like

I think you’ve both been wolfy, especially today, and you specifically have steadily trended down since your day 1. I also think you’ve acted very much partnered today.

2 Likes

I’m pushing Magnus over you because I’m more confident in that one.

1 Like

Oh, come on. Magnus and I have been looked so unpartnered today [blatantly lying]

1 Like

It’s confusing because I know v!Vulgard isn’t opposed to discussing alternative possibilities, as shown here.

The contexts are notably different. That was a mechanical conflict day 2 where nobody was truly certain what was happening. This is day 5 and we’re one ML away from LyLo after MLing several players I thought were obvious town, and you’re trying to ML another (Lemonfairy).

I probably sound extremely conceited and egotistical this entire day phase but that’s because I think I need to take charge here because the game has veered off in a really bad direction and I’m also fairly confident about my wolfreads

I would restate my reasoning here but I gave it at SoD and it’d just be me more or less repeating what I’ve already said, I think Magnus and May’s posting today has only solidified them being a wolfpair but since I dislike preflips I say we vote out Magnus and go from there

I’d be ~okay with voting out May but I’m more confident in Magnus being a hit between the two

I wasn’t responsible for any of the previous misexes by your own admission.

In any case, I know I’m a villager. I don’t think May, YBW or Molly are evil. I don’t really think Brad is evil. I’m as committed to my current readlist as you are to yours, but that doesn’t mean I haven’t been willing to discuss alternative worldviews when I don’t believe it. That was whole point of my D1 and D2 cases. I don’t claim to believe I have all the answers, but I’m willing to cooperate to get there.

So right now, when I know my alignment and I know I’m Town, all I see is another player completely refusing to engage with me because they’re overconfident in their solve.

I’ve tried to engage with you for four consecutive days and you’ve given nothing, you’ve just been spinning wheels without going anywhere and the solve you gave at SoD was really bad and wolfy

There has been nothing to engage with really

I will not agree to a May execution today, and I would expect any villagers alive tomorrow when I’m not to townread May, or at the very least not vote them out ever. Of course circumstances can change, I’m not saying anything wacky like don’t vote May out at F3 if they openwolf or whatever. But anyone who shades May tomorrow should be convinced or killed (depending on who they are), that’s what I’m saying.

Of course, you could always discount me by going “even if Magnus was Town, they absolutely sucked all game, so ignore them. Vote May.” I have more trust in the good team than that, though.

You have not tried to engage with me.
Brad has tried to engage with me. YBW has tried to engage with me. Even Lemon has tried to engage with me. I’m just your scapegoat.