GOAT^2 - Game Thread (5/15) - Day 6 - Mafia wonnered

and then thread descends into wordle madness

1 Like

already answered
I showed up just in time for EOD but I was on my phone and couldn’t figure out the voting thing

think I’m going to post my Magnus ISO now
don’t know if I’ll have time to finish May’s

1 Like

Title: somewhat biased ISOs of outed scum for fun

Part 1 of 2: Magnus

vibe-reads Vulgard as scum for NAI posts

calls YBW opener NAI and then scumreads it

backing off on Vul

interesting

where’s O.kazo?

Vulgard: Perhaps I should ask: why do you feel comfortable with unaligning me with several players based on thin reasons?

slippery answer

just say the reason

O.kazo

lol

this is so funny in hindsight :joy_cat:

Magnus dodging Silviu’s question

overemphasize → misinterpreting

talking as if Vul is town (otherwise, town looking at someone they scumread would say “misrep”)

Eliza: magnus and marl are wolves

Brad: can you explain why you had lemon as a townlean in your list earlier?

response to May asking for takes on her fake KT case

response to May’s post about her dear of randing wolf

Brad: I’m awful at finding scumreads

Magnus’ reads list also had 0 scumleans and 0 scumreads

might be a clue

hedge

a pattern I’ve noticed is Magnus just points out scummy things but doesn’t call them scummy

second to vote O.kazo (after Zorvo) for no reason

doesn’t vote scumreads for “personal agenda”

Marl: not opposed to O.kazo dying, do think I prefer silviu though

hmmm

so you don’t believe the read?

Vul: there’s not really a case that I have on O. Kazo, I just think their posting is incredibly lame and I keep forgetting they exist which usually happens with wolves.

hmmm

yes

this feels like an exact repeat of Magnus’ eariler post

I remember wolf!Magnus saying early wagons aren’t important in Overhaul

asking thread if it’s alright for you to sleep

who even asks that?

if we say no, are you just going to… not sleep?

talking about KT and YBW townreading each other

too much focus on self-defending than solving

reminiscent of self-defense in Overhaul when scumbuddy beancat was dying

interesting

smh

repeat of reason

talking about YBW’s reads

self-conscious about how they appear in thread (talking about Magnus and note on hypocrisy)

this is flip-floppity

after ISOing Brad:

that’s you conclusion?

that Brad was active D1?

Magnus’ response to Marl questioning how Magnus went from “Marl hasn’t posted yet, so I’m not opposed to that wagon existing” to “I personally disagree with executing Marl today, but that’s just me.”

tbh you didn’t notice O.kazo either (they weren’t on your reads list)

further focus on defense

Magnus frustrated KT is not convinced of Magnus’ YBW scumcase

talking to KT like KT is town

min was voting you at EOD

not pushing back on Marl being town

Magnus really milking this O.kazo flip

hmmm

the wagon:

Marluxion (5): ElizaThePsycho, Zorvo, Lemonfairy, lol, May

Magnus (2): Vulgard, KingTroll

YoubutWorse (2): Magnus, Marluxion

Not Voting (4): mollylikesorigami, illwei, BradLand, YoubutWorse

to YBW

Magnus scumread YBW but talks as if YBW is town being duped by KT (Magnus trying to instill paranoia)

self-meta towncase is ew

lemon: happy with you reads? happy with gamestate?

^Magnus just being happy while their townread Marl gets wagoned

specifically, Magnus is happy no one else made a case on them :eyes:

again, like D1 where Magnus asked for permission to sleep, they’re asking for permission to vote Illwei

why do you need to ask permission to vote?

Magnus doesn’t try to get people off the Marl wagon but just doesn’t vote on Marl and makes it out as Magnus “saving” Marl when an attempt to save was not even made

sowing the seed of paranoia about deep wolves and active evils in control of the thread

Magnus says “I had no faith in any of you” but Magnus themselves never really did anything to stop the Marl exe

this reads as Magnus being frustrated that YBW and KT would not doubt each other more than scumreading either or both

to May

Vulgard: i think ybw is towny today and magnus trying to wolfcase her yesterday after wolfcasing me two days ago seems like he’s trying to push mls

Magnus is not casing to solve or out of conviction, but casing to look good

then Magnus proceeds to ISO Eliza

this is shade

^this is wrt Eliza’s vote on O.kazo

no conclusion

ew

Magnus was just saying molly was towny to May

this post is hedge + I wouldn’t vote molly

you were totally saying she would be a bad infoyeet

ew

nice hedge to preface the idea that bussing O.kazo would be risky for scum

this way, when you swing back on Vul later, it wouldn’t look too unnatural

^wrt to Zorvo JOAT claim

to Zorvo

getting Eliza to look at who is pushing them (YBW was leading the charge) and then maybe push the next exe using that

Magnus mistaking non-consecutive to mean every other night

not clearing b/c Magnus is likely not the roleblocker (scum believed Zorvo’s claim and Zorvo checked Magnus and YBW so if Magnus is scum, they would not have moved on the night Zorvo claimed to have checked or else scum would not believe the claim)

wait, maybe voting May would be better if she’s the roleblocker

would still be useless if our JOAT dies though

Magnus doesn’t believe in their reads (voting with people they scumread)

they are also hyper-aware of how they appear in the thread so they felt the need to point it out every time they vote with someone they scumcased before

YBW: I also dont get what mays doing rn, we are never killing KT here. We kill between illwei/Eliza literally always, killing KT gains us nothing unless hes mafia which i see very unlikely at this point in the game. Its possible I may need to re eval later on but we arent killing him today, nor are we killing vulgard, brad, etc etc. Also what was the point about killing the stronger wolf first? That makes litealy no sense, you kill the people who actually have possibility to flip wolf first

Magnus’ response to above:

cementing the idea that town is lost and doesn’t know who’s evil

saying KT will be “prevalent” is Eliza flips green (not justified, not that KT being scum would make sense if Eliza flips green, just “prevalent” b/c May will be alive)

making May’s POV out to be reasonable

^wrt to Zorvo’s JOAT claim

as Magnus so aptly put regarding my push on Marl, the burden of proof should not be on the defense but here Magnus is doing exactly what they said should not be done, which is to blame Eliza for not fighting against her push when she is town.

comparing Eliza with Marl (TMI that Eliza is town) but pressuring Eliza more

for both pushes, Magnus was content to sit by and watch it happen but they’re a bit more proactive in agreeing with the Eliza push

again, putting the blame on Eliza for not hard-pushing someone else

shade on Illwei

In hindsight, this might be why Illwei died after Zorvo flipped VT

building paranoia

the fact that both Magnus and May have tried so hard to create more paranoia makes me think town really isn’t misclearing anyone that’s strongly townread

the NKs have also avoided strong town voices that makes pushing for paranoia a good strategy for scum

confirmation on why Illwei died (they voted Zorvo despite Zorvo’s claim, which Magnus pointed out)

saying there’s an evil in 2 widely townread and vocal players who TR each other b/c of a “pocketing exchange”

doesn’t think vul is a wolf (but later votes them??)

hedgey comments on Illwei, Brad, and me

honestly, the comment on May is v. weird - wdym by leading the charge?

comment on molly is weird too tbh

final words urges everyone to reexamine their townreads :wowee:

truly scummy

tries to self-clear from Zorvo’s fake check

Magus says they are willing to trust Vul and May

gives a hedgey townread(?) to YBW despite trying to gain trust from dead villager Zorvo (who also townread YBW)

misunderstanding about how roleblocker works

could be real or an attempt to self derp-clear

May: It can’t block the same person twice in a row, but it can block twice in a row

yep, I think it’s staged

especially since May is the one responding

interesting

“from a guess” :wowee:

so you have an excuse to sow paranoia in town

NKs are just like this and scum like to frame NKs in a way that benefits them the most

that’s why pure NK spec that is not also based on posts are usually wrong

^response to Brad voting Magnus

I noticed Magnus often talks to people as though they’re town but treat the townreads of said person as scum

Magnus just throwing things out to see which one floats

TRs on May and Vul

rest is just a lot of “could”s but not which one is the most likely and no why

^to KT

more sowing paranoia

“Molly wagon or anyone else”

“Town’s doomed”

“two wolves are probably chilling”

like, why do you want to assume someone’s been miscleared?

and then decides it’s a good idea to reeval their top TR Vulgard (and not May) :wowee:

and that was all it took for Magnus to vote their top TR

Magnus still vibereading on D4?

another self-quote justification that no one really asked for

keeping and eye out for JOAT softs is not a towny mindset imo

it’s D5 \o/

I already talked about this one but the “one evil between Vulgard/May/Brad and Lemon/Molly/YBW” is not a towny way of sorting

it keeps Magnus’ exe options open

this is just a ton of ATE and nothing substantial

calling on the reads of dead townies

still not very convincing but a little bit better than ATE alone

this just doesn’t make sense?

why are you so sure YBW dies?

you also TR May but “for the sake of hypotheticals”, May flips wolf?

how is molly the most obvious exe?

think Magnus is setting up molly should their partner May flip

ATE instead of addressing Vul’s concerns

which is pretty much the entire post

first talking to Vul like they’re a villager

and then pairing Vul with me in a scumteam out of literally nowhere

more ATE

literally just throwing random teams around now

^to me asking why Magnus would put me/Vul in a team

so essentially, Magnus is using the same reason they tried to make people paranoid of YBW and KT as a reason to see me and Vul as a scumteam

when Magnus TRs YBW and KT flipped town :wowee:

–

I think I’ll end Magnus’ ISO here

1 Like

literally only someone with aligned with town cares this much to do a completely unneeded ISO

you cannot convince me lemon is evil

1 Like

Magnus did literally the exact same thing

1 Like

but my ISO is better :wowee:

2 Likes

magnus has reason to as scum however, also their isos were generally worse (thinking about their ISO on both me and vul).

Now, now, you know I won’t pick favorites between the two people I’ve been talking in thread to today (crossing my fingers behind my back).

1 Like

Amn’t outed scum. My plan for if Magnus flips wolf BTW is to die. Most useful thing I can do. There’s a lot of it about.

1 Like

Lemon I would say u can feel free to vote magnus now, we only have like 4~ hours left in the day and while that time is valuable I dont think we SUPER need to worry about hammer now like we did earlier. You don’t have to if you don’t want to or if you’re gonna be here later but I’m just saying that I wouldn’t worry about it much

1 Like

Good plan we’ll make sure it comes to fruition.

1 Like

I should be legitimately considering this world and discussing it with myself and so on but it makes me so sleepy and tired. Magnus/Vulgard doesn’t seem as far-fetched as it used to cause they mention that they would “need to be bussing like crazy” to kill O kazo. Indicative of further bussing perhaps. I should look at this from Vulgard’s perspective if I want it to be a real case, and I’m not doing that, so it’s not a real case, but. You know how it is

1 Like

why would vulgard buss their partner today when they have insane thread control instead of just like, getting someone else killed

1 Like

:eyes:

good plan

Self reflection and before you read it like that yes I’m town this isn’t openwolfing. Or regular wolfing

So thoroughly connecting myself with Magnus today was probably a misplay - it’s still possible they flip wolf, very possible, and in that case I’ve completely secured a misexecution for tomorrow… but I didn’t get a chance to do proper solving for so much of the game because I wasn’t fully present, so I couldn’t help but try to figure things out with the only other person who didn’t think they had the wolfteam. I’d still rate it like a 50/50 Magnus flips wolf vs not, I just haven’t as thoroughly explored that wolf world because nobody will talk to me about it, because they think I’m their partner. There has to be something showing who Magnus’s partner is, if they have one, and I should be looking for it, but it’s just so frustrating to do it alone. I need a fountain of motivation to draw endlessly from.

1 Like

You know I didn’t think that far

1 Like

Probably wouldn’t huh. Still stuck in the early game I forget the present exists.

2 Likes

who do you think can’t be Magnus’ partner?

starting from there is easier imo