GOAT^2 - Game Thread (5/15) - Day 6 - Mafia wonnered

Something something nickels happened twice

now I will proceed to make commentary on other people’s worlds

Vul
I didn’t really like the Brad/molly world. It was kind of…meh. Both have not been super active or have had a lot of influence in thread. I don’t think a Brad/molly team would have the confidence to continuously JOAT hunt.

I like the May/molly world a lot better, actually. I initially ruled it out because of how molly was scumreading and voting May D5 but recent posts have made me rethink this.

May
I think the Vul/Brad team is ok, actually, but I don’t think it’s the solve. I know I said I can’t really judge meta from one game but in the game Vul linked, scum!Brad was townreading scumpartner!Vul a lot more than what happened this game.

The fact that May stopped there and actively decided to not re-eval and to start convincing others that Brad/Vul is the team is not a good look.

Brad
I wasn’t keen when Brad said that molly for sure was scum and they weren’t sure on May/Vul because I thought molly was townier at the time. I don’t think a Vul/molly world has been explored (maybe for good reason but I might try to look at that later just to be thorough - no promises).

The way Brad moves from molly + May/Vul to molly/May feels natural considering how Vul was townreading Brad there. idk, as it has been pointed out before, Brad has done less today than molly and May but imo Brad doesn’t really fit into any team.

Looking at this interaction in particular (yes, I’m quoting my own comment about it b/c I don’t want to go back and find the actual posts):

oh here it is (thanks Vul)

why did I find this funny :joy_cat:

molly
molly was commenting on how Brad was not doing much and didn’t really post a conclusion on Brad/Vul. Then found May/Vul not w/w and said Brad/May was inconclusive while still scumreading Brad.

Honestly, I thought molly was going to hardpush May or something and I thought the way molly treated May D5 unaligned them. Another point was the way molly said that out of the people who were pushing her before, May was the most suspicious for pushing her just because molly supposedly had TMI.

However, I also think the way molly is scumreading just Brad fits into the scum’s agenda of having just a singular mis-exe push for today and not really caring as much about the feasibility of the worlds (I stole this point from Cream, but don’t tell her). On the other hand, it also kind of makes sense if she found May/Vul unlikely and wasn’t sure about Brad/May and Brad/Vul.

tbh I keep thinking I get better at solving with every game but reality tells me it’s mostly just my wishful thinking :wowee:

For me it’s less that they seem super aligned and more that I haven’t really found evidence to disprove it

Also in regards to JOAT hunting it’s evident right now that everyone has been quite wrong about the game including the people who were nightkilled so if you’re not going to JOAT hunt then what are you going to do with the nightkill

I guess kill the towny people? But again if you just do that then you’re probably missing both JOATs because most PRs don’t go out of their way to look super towny in order to avoid getting killed, and missing both JOATs = free clear in lylo = decent likelihood one eventually catches a wolf or gets a save

Also it’s pretty clear that they did a pretty poor job of it considering the fact they kept missing you (I didn’t have a JOAT read on you but I wasn’t actively thinking about who it could be)

I just feel like almost everyone would try to kill the JOATs if the village is wrong and we know the village has been wrong

I also tried to think from the perspective of “who is good at PR hunting” but that doesn’t really work because they didn’t find you

2 Likes

fair

tbf, I wasn’t being very JOAT-like

Though it’s possible I’m wrong about this, again it’s just speculation and I don’t want this to be the basis of the solve

I do think the point I made earlier about wolves saving Lemon for a ML and therefore not considering her as a potential JOAT has merit though

1 Like

And the two people who tried to make a Lemon ML happen were May and Molly so yeah
If it were Magnus/May that would’ve been the most epic dunk yesterday but sadly the most epic dunks are never on the actual wolves lmao

1 Like

same
think they left me as ML bait

joke’s on you, scum

May can still be a wolf though

And like I said earlier, going further with this point, if they considered you a ML then they didn’t think you were JOAT because you’re not a viable ML if you’re JOAT, that’s someone you kill and not keep alive to ML

1 Like

I should’ve tried to get May D5 (I was thinking this too because Magnus couldn’t have been the roleblocker) but that would mean we might just brainlessly misexe Magnus today and make it harder to find the final scum

(hypothetically if May was scum - this disclaimer is needed b/c I don’t want to end up tunneling again and not consider everything in full)

So based on threadplay I think the most likely team to keep Lemon alive and never figure out she’s JOAT is molly/May
I don’t think these two have a lot of experience PR hunting either (May said they kept randing town all the time, though admittedly I don’t know how many wolfgames molly has played)

Brad definitely has some experience PR hunting, but he’s not a player with a lot of initiative as a wolf, so arguably he also fits into this line of thinking - which is why I didn’t place too much focus on it earlier

But he didn’t actually push Lemon at any point, so the “they wanted Lemon as an ML and that’s why they didn’t kill her” idea would be less likely to be present if Brad were a wolf, there’s also the fact that I think mafia Brad would be more likely to advocate for killing Lemon simply because he finds her towny and she’s active (though this part is more my speculation than anything I have actual evidence for)

currently Im leaning towards molly wolf so may/molly works with that, also already was kinda scumleaning may basically bc everyone else is townier

“Destruction of my Brad read” = I wolfread Brad off a misremembered fact (I thought he had voted for O kazo without reason, he had actually voted for Silviu without reason)

1 Like

Do you think it can be brad/molly?

it also doesn’t make sense for Vul as scum to townread me that hard D5 if they’ve kept me alive as ML bait

If you sort by postcount it’s May and molly

1 Like

honestly Vul, if you’re scum then gg you deserve it :wowee:

otherwise, I think you’re just town

Also I’m somewhat experienced with PR hunting because I play a lot of whisper-enabled games, meaning there still is motivation to find PR crumbs, if only so you can go to your fellow townie and DM them SHUT THE FUCK UP before they get killed.

I see I’m the top wagon now! Voted by the people who I think are scum, but top wagon nonetheless. I will note that the person talking to you now does not believe what yesterday May said about not needing to possibly re-eval, that’s not true, I want to keep watch for signs that I’m wrong, and I don’t know why he said that.

1 Like