GOAT^2 - Game Thread (5/15) - Day 6 - Mafia wonnered

I assume that you haven’t found signs that you’re wrong?

I haven’t! Unless you count the signs that I was wrong about literally every other theory that I constructed this game, but I’m trying not to dwell on that.

1 Like

Okay then

well, maybe you should because if I weren’t the JOAT, you’d still be stuck on lemon/Vul as the solve

Yeah. So I re-evaluated then, mostly from scratch, as I stated when it happened, and now I have my new world and I legitimately can’t see how Molly fits into either team. I haven’t looked at her in-depth post-JOAT reveal, so it’s still possible that I’m wrong, but it doesn’t feel probable.

2 Likes

Hm. Maybe it js probable actually. I’m thinking about it more. It could be. I should really look closer. I was thinking about saying “oh oh put me in the camp where if Molly is wolf I’ll just be owned online” but that’s a lazy attitude toward someone who doesn’t deserve it sorry. As I think most of your “just put me in the snowed by xyz”

1 Like

You have spent the entire game killing my top townreads and being proven wrong and now your team is me and my top townread from earlier days, so basically nothing changed
I feel like you should be convincing me you’re town here and that Brad is mafia if anything

it was kind of weird how you were able to see Magnus as town but couldn’t move past me/Vul but I guess you were townreading Magnus from before

The thing is that they supposedly were but then they allowed his yeet anyway when they realized there was a lot of momentum on it

1 Like

You know my mental narrative here has you in the role of “playing Cassandra for townpoints to trade in for end-of-game MLs”, right, and that if you want to convince me you’re town you should try to disprove that narrative rather than pushing at me even further.

1 Like

so fypov it’s: Vul, Brad, molly
and you think it’s Vul/Brad because you can’t see a Vul/molly or Brad/molly world :thinking:

I feel like it’s very obvious I haven’t been TMIng anyone for townpoints especially when it comes to Marl
I literally wolfread him for a fair bit on day 1 I just stopped believing in this and I didn’t believe any of the cases on day 2 because most people didn’t have an actual case and they just wanted him to flip

I was able to see Magnus as town because the “obvious scum” world you’d all built together was me partnered with them. Of course I couldn’t see it! I was asking around for other Magnus scum worlds that didn’t include me because I wanted to look for alternate narratives. I think I played a little more bought-in to Lemon/Vulgard than I actually was (though I’m not going to downplay things here, I absolutely was at least somewhat tunneled, especially once Magnus flipped town).

1 Like

Yep, though having woken up a new person today I’m trying to think about whether I still find those latter two worlds implausible.

1 Like

That’s not how this works
Magnus can still be mafia even if you aren’t and you didn’t even visibly consider that
You just called him town and kept calling him town but also agreed for him to die without ever expressing the thought that he might be mafia
One day before LyLo
That’s not what you do if you genuinely believe someone is town and the village is being led into LyLo/MyLo
If you think he might be mafia you consider that
But you just talked to him like you knew he was town for the entire day without actually defending him from being killed and the game going into f5

1 Like

I feel like you’re the one doing the Cassandra moment here because you were going to use the credit from townreading Magnus to push over your world today and the world you’re pushing solidifies this for me

1 Like

GUARDS!!! This clown is misrepresenting my attitudes in a mafia game!!! Take him away at once.

This last one is the most important - I asked Magnus about Brad because I wanted content from them to analyze post-potential-wolf-flip. Talking to someone like you know they’re town is the best way to get a wolf to be comfortable with you and spew their partner. I was treating Magnus like obvious town, at least at first, knowingly and on purpose - I became more legitimately convinced they were town later on, but it wasn’t something I bought into all day.

2 Likes

If you ever thought my townread on Brad was ever questionable then why did you never contest it
I kept asking for people to engage me on it, I even posted a game to read where me and Brad were W/W (exactly what you’re arguing today) and which took place less than a month ago, you never actually read the game and you never talked to me about my read

I assume you mean this
This honestly reads as fake to me but I’m already biased

You’ve also actively refused to talk about molly who I think is your partner, even now you’re putting off actually reading her and for the entire game you’ve been reading her on conditionals

1 Like