GOAT^2 - Game Thread (5/15) - Day 6 - Mafia wonnered

cats are spiteful more than clever i think. still very cute glad you saved them

this quote is very villagery lmao

1 Like

aint there no way vulgard and marl is w/w that play is too high level for either of them imo

1 Like

whatā€™s your opinion on vulgard/magnus being t/t or w/w

I agree

I disagree with this bc ive p much said exactly this but to marl but its worded so uniquely imo I think it comes from town

1 Like

kingtroll is the most obvious town this is awesome
My thoughts on the ISO of vulgard is that vulgard still rings as scum to me, their actions still donā€™t make a ton of sense to me and that ISO pointed out things I didnā€™t notice and also forgot. Also, again, kingtroll still super fucking town

1 Like

idk both seem mildly towny

1 Like

Later when I have more time, I am going to look at a past game I played with vulgard and compare, but I wonā€™t really be able to right now and the only times when I will be able to do that is gonna be like during EoD so :P
and im like SUPER busy tomorrow so I wonā€™t be able to really do almost anything with thread at all then

1 Like

This is kind of hard to explain without context but it relates to the previous game we played together where I gave Marl the exact same treatment but I was nightkilled before I could actually push it through. I guess itā€™s possible I mistakenly changed my read on him because he OMGUSed me but I find that town AI from him unfortunately. In regards to Silviu I simply donā€™t have a read there and while I prefer O. Kazo I donā€™t actually mind the Silviu push that much at the moment so Iā€™m ~okay with Marl having his way, if he flips a town I get my wolfread tomorrow and if he flips a wolf then great. If heā€™s a wolf then obviously Iā€™m making a huge mistake here but like I said I think his reaction to me was unfortunately town AI.

1 Like

Silviu and O kazo both feel like MLs to me on pure instinct based on wagon movement. I donā€™t have that same feeling about Vulgard but I also off pure instinct think itā€™s a bit of a strange vote that has the potential to kill a strong townie. This post is bad and unproductive but I just woke up and I need to play Splatoon for an hour before I can think.

3 Likes

iā€™m going to not comment on the rest of the post because thatā€™s obviously outside context / stuff iā€™ve already said i donā€™t like

do you have a case against silv yourself to justify your vote or are you just going off of marlā€™s case on them

And, for the record, the KingTroll push was not true or false. I had a null read on KT at the time, but I also had a null read on everyone else in the game. It was just a quick way to 1. see if everyone else thought my best case on him made sense, outsourcing my read, and 2. see how a wagon on him moved. I donā€™t have any takeaways from it right now; Iā€™ll have to check future patterns of behavior. My reads are ever-changing (until Iā€™m right, at least).

I was getting a scum ping from Min all day yesterday, butā€¦ I donā€™t know how much of itā€™s leftovers from last game, and I also misread Min as scum in the Morbtainado game, so I am a bit nervous about that. Dunno. If I truly and deeply believed it, I wouldnā€™t be sharing it.

2 Likes

what player do you think would be the best option then if youā€™re against all the current main wagons instinct wise

Iā€¦ donā€™t really know, which is why I said my post was bad. You know how it is with early reads.

Something I havenā€™t given proper thought to (and really should) is the usefulness of everyoneā€™s flips, which is usually my top priority this early in the game. Iā€™d probably go for the person with the best combination of scumread and connections, but I havenā€™t figured out who that is, soā€¦

2 Likes

In regards to me backing off Magnus I often find that my strongest wolfreads are typically villagers and the wolves typically form a combination between the people who Iā€™m wolfreading less and the people I cleared for kinda weak reasons. Looking at the current situation from that POV makes me think Marl could potentially be right on Silviu, I could be wrong on Magnus, and I could be right on O. Kazo but since Silviu exists in a similar spot I am okay with him going as well.

In regards to people I cleared for kinda weak reasons who could also be wolves for that, there are Eliza and Molly - but one thing worth noting about Molly is that sheā€™s treating me completely differently than she treated me last time (we were V/W), so either sheā€™s going for a completely different approach or she is just of a different alignment in this game. As for Eliza, on the other hand, I initially found it very towny that she verbalized a Magnus/Marl read that was kinda floating around in my head but which I didnā€™t put together; obviously, because I no longer think that world is super likely, the reason to townread Eliza is gone and her giving those wolfreads could be opportunistic. To be fair Iā€™ve never seen wolf!Eliza try to overtly pocket someone by agreeing with their reads, usually she just goes UTR, so I donā€™t think this is a good reason to suspect her but still, my main reason to townread her is gone. Fwiw if Brad is a wolf then his weird townread on her in the early-game is worth noting but idk if it actually means anything.

2 Likes

yeah i get it. interested to see what you come up with though

alright i suppose. do you have like a common reason to think that those people are wolves or are you just flipping your scumreads to town reads mentally

i do really appreciate you giving some attention to eliza/molly though. still want to see what you think of lol if youā€™ve got an idea on them

This is probably v indicative for Vul. Scum donā€™t usually take it that personally when a read of theirs is dismissed.

1 Like

Why is Silviu an obvious ML Seth? Use your words

1 Like

The latter.

I honestly have no clue and I donā€™t know if I can read him accurately. My gut pings him as mafia but I donā€™t have an actual reason to suspect him. This goes either way and if I were to approach this through reason I would say lol is town because my gut feeling is probably wrong in this instance.

1 Like

If this slot lives past day 3 we are literally throwing

Pretty good odds of all three of us being town I think

If Iā€™m wrong on one of the three and there is a scum, itā€™s exactly Magnus