GOAT^2 - Game Thread (5/15) - Day 6 - Mafia wonnered

I can’t vote Marl in good conscience. You do what you need to do, but I’d be expecting him to flip Town. I’d only be pleasantly surprised otherwise.

1 Like

Like do you not see how they went about day 1? Lol.
Did you not witness their interaction with Min?
Or their partner equity with O.Kazo?

@Vulgard
How about you?
Do you also see this?

1 Like

Orrrrrrr

You know

He is wolf and clearly blatantly trying to push agenda on both Min and Brad. (For Proof Min even called Marluxion is shading.)

Kinda odd you don’t see it.

1 Like

i may be stupid

1 Like

Vote Count

Marluxion (5): ElizaThePsycho, Zorvo, Lemonfairy, YoubutWorse, lol
Magnus (2): Vulgard, KingTroll
YoubutWorse (1): Magnus
Unvote (1): BradLand

Not Voting (4): Marluxion, mollylikesorigami, illwei, May

1 Like

that’s an understandable response. you just namedropping molly isolated from your future case on ybw pinged me but i do respect changing to the ybw case with actual reasoning even if i don’t agree with most of the points in it

i will say that i’m honestly surprised that kazo flipped red, but the fact of the matter is that two people lost a teammate d1. the fact that you’re saying that it’s bad for maf to lose a maf member is objectively true but doesn’t actually defend anyone given how it still. happened

nah i’m mostly joking around i’m not going to throw the game or anything. rvs phase never ends it just dies down a bit. i do town read ybw a lot more than others but a few things have pinged me a bit (their brad/kazo push seemingly being based on one specific post that i didn’t see the reasoning of much without a defense for it and they’ve been a touch flippant today with their votes)

no that’s because marl scumreads ybw and i’m biased against them /j

why i'm not really convinced by magnus's ybw case

i think the wallpost is fully nai. yeah anyone could make it but there’s really not much difference between “haha i post the funny wall post” and “haha i post the funny wall post + i’m maf”

i think this is a fair read on ybw. although stating that you want to do stuff with content but there’s no content doesn’t usually make content appear

i mean personal bias but one of the reasons i pushed vulgard was because their opening posts went straight for doing reads. as a proud shitposter i’m fine with this however to give a charitable light to remove any bias i can say that i see where this read is coming from and it doesn’t look manufactured to me

this i really don’t see. this feels more like a mech misunderstanding like me and may had about lying as town rather than something ai

i mean they explained in this post exactly what their thoughts were. don’t know if you misquoted but your comment here doesn’t actually relate to the statement beyond… ybw saying they didn’t have a strong read on my posts yet

there’s some fenceposting here but i don’t think it’s as fluffed up as you’re making it out to be. the zorvo read is entirely fluff but i completely understand ybw’s eliza read at the time and i don’t think this readlist was made out of “oh i have to make a readlist now”

okay but questions are really good for making content. specifically asking a few questions isn’t ai i think if ybw was only asking questions that’d be scummy but they’ve made a few cases and pushes of their own

mood

true but also i still feel like this is hypocritical coming from you specifically. why is this scenario a wolf just because silv’s cw flipped red instead of it just being someone who’s on the opposite side wagons as you

i’ve been joking around as much if not more than ybw. would you scumread me for it

this is true

ehhh if it’s a deflection it’s really light for me. they kind of explain their reads which as much as scum could also do that i think i can see it from a town pov

eh

that’s a true correlation but also reads evolve so i don’t know if this is as much deflection as it is the potential of having reread parts of the thread

kazo had been fairly widely scumread/tossed heavily in the poe by this point though while eliza wasn’t really in anyone’s poe? i can see ybw’s logic in pushing someone going under the radar over someone everyone generally agrees is an okay lynch

already said i agreed with this

i really think that scum!ybw flips to silv by this point. they’ve set up the groundwork for it they’d have been on silv over marl at this point

i will say that their brad read has been pinging me sour

and again i do like how you ended this as a scumlean. i think that ends you on a townier standpoint even though you proceed to vote ybw for this

things got busy and i’ve got a wedding to go to so i’ll be back later/on my phone i wanted to rush out this wallpost before i lost my poor keyboard

1 Like

The difference is that I allow myself to be hypocritical, and until someone calls me out for it this isn’t a problem.
Also the fact that O.kazo flipped red, which means I’d need to be bussing pointlessly in order to be evil.

I don’t really think you have been, or at least I haven’t noticed anywhere near the same prevalent activity.

Imagine this scenario for a second: you’ve just randed wolf. You don’t want to be inactive, so you post… about anything in particular, it doesn’t matter as long as you can’t be accused of lurking. You want to appear helpful, because that’s what v!you would do, but you can’t genuinely analyse your partners because that’s not good for you. I do believe playing as Mafia is more stressful than playing as Town.

Anyway, this doesn’t apply to you. You haven’t been “pretending to be helpful”, as I’d put it.

I don’t know if I really have scumreads. As in, anyone I’d stake as being evil. YBW seems the most likely fmpov, though, so that’s where my vote went.

Enjoy the wedding.

1 Like

i DARE the mafia team to jump on marl and hammer him

1 Like

YBW is also voting Marl, so that doesn’t help. I didn’t notice that until now.

1 Like

i’m starting to realize my folly @Marluxion

this post is going to look so bad if marl is a wolf but i really don’t think he’s a wolf guys please stop hopping into the thread and dropping wolfreads on him

he is not
why don’t you flip the silviu slot before him at least i think that slot can be a wolf even though i said i think he was spewed town (i’m not confident)

also i think kingtroll is obvious town at this point unless he’s a really good wolf

1 Like

Hey look, Vulgard’s agreeing with me. How the turns have tabled.

1 Like

for full transparency the last game I just played on mu I rolled Mafia and got almost universally townread. died D1 anyway because our flagbearer maf got flashwagoned but such is life

Flagbearer seems like bad design in theory. Does it work better in practice?

1 Like

no

1 Like

clocktower

1 Like

ignore the fact clocktower has Scarlet Woman and Mastermind and Pit-hag

1 Like

BRB, setting up a 10V4 game with four Flagbearers.

2 Likes

guys hear me out

town flagbearer

1 Like

that’s just Saint

1 Like

I would say BOTC’s good design because it’s entirely built around the idea that the Demon is indispensable.

1 Like