GOAT^2 - Game Thread (5/15) - Day 6 - Mafia wonnered

ok i understand your read

personally i think that lemon acting like she has actually read would be really, really weird of her to do as either alignment. if you mean it in a like, drawing attention to it sense… meh. feel like she would rather have everyone know so that it isn’t weird when she isn’t doing much. again, regardless of alignment. obv don’t think it’s wolfy to admit you haven’t read.

1 Like

Do you think she has a chance at flipping wolf?

1 Like

yeah

1 Like

Fair.

1 Like

Kinda thinking through this though like I could see a theory that Magnus as mafia pushed hard on Vulgard Day 1, hoping to get him voted off, then saw how things panned out and how the thread turned and decided to give up on the Vulgard tunnel and hard tunnel YBW instead on Day 2.

2 Likes

The thing that was also struck me off reading his iso was that his post voting Kazo is like… the jarring sentence that comes in after voting Kazo, talking about something completely different.

3 Likes

Second time Kazo gets mentioned, still no real explanation.

2 Likes

Relatively same thing but the second post add Vulgard in it.

Talks about me and Silviu dichotomy.

Then talking about Kazo without reasons he could be maf.

2 Likes

I’m happy to discuss hypothetical worlds where I am Mafia.

Votes (Time of Vote)

• O.kazo (4): Zorvo, KingTroll, Vulgard, Magnus
  • Silviu200530 (3): mollylikesorigami, May, BradLand
  • BradLand (2): ElizaThePsycho, Lemonfairy
  • Vulgard (1): O.kazo
  • Magnus (1): min
  • lol (1): Silviu200530

Not Voting (2): lol, YoubutWorse, Marluxion

Votes (Time of Sleep)

• Silviu200530 (4): mollylikesorigami, May, BradLand, Marluxion
  • Vulgard (3): O.kazo, KingTroll, Zorvo
  • O.kazo (2): Magnus, lol
  • BradLand (2): ElizaThePsycho, Lemonfairy
  • Marluxion (1): min
  • lol (1): Silviu200530

Not Voting (2): YoubutWorse, Vulgard

Since we’re comparing hypotheticals to the observable past, we can make fairly bold assumptions about why something must have happened, since if it’s true it must have.
Here’s what we can observe: Magnus voted O.kazo at a time when Vulgard seemed unlikely to flip, and having backed off on a Vulgard read earlier, Magnus cannot vote Vulgard without looking tricky. w!Magnus clearly backed off from voting Vulgard in an attempt to look good, since an evil has no reason to run tests or anything.

Since w!Magnus is partnered with O.kazo, you would expect valid reasoning for said vote; whether through TMI or just saying “meh, vibe reads”. Instead, Magnus chose to explain nothing, choose to keep alive two people they claim a wolf could reasonably be found in, and vote their partner inexplicably. This is a case of pointless bussing, through and through, for the sake of trying to look good. O.kazo only flipped Mafia Goon; in which case, w!Magnus or someone else plausibly in danger is the Roleblocker.

Considering Magnus’s supposed lack of interest in sharing fake reasoning on why they voted O.kazo, it would seem safe to imagine Magnus isn’t the Roleblocker themselves, or else they wouldn’t have drawn such attention to themselves so quickly. Goon—RBer odds are probably 3:1 at the very least.

1 Like

VOTE: Illwei

1 Like

Pretty sure this slot should never live after flaking both days, especially considering neither okazo nor silviu self pressed

1 Like

If town, is an unfortunate necessity I think

1 Like

If wolf is a free win

1 Like

Reading through O.kazo’s iso for mentions of Silviu, just saw this. Huh.

1 Like

Illwei > if town, YBW
Illwei > if wolf, idk but not YBW I don’t think

1 Like

Silviu never claimed JOAT.
However, Silviu did make mention of the JOAT role during the first day, which O.kazo may have gotten confused with. O.kazo hadn’t yet received any votes (according to the counter), so this is not anti-spew. If they were partnered, O.kazo wouldn’t have made this mistake. Thinking.

Could be interpreted as asking for permission to vote Silviu, without bothering to really read their posts. May responded and O.kazo still didn’t vote, though… I can see why Marl would want to vote Ilwei. Marl, what are your thoughts on O.kazo calling Silviu JOAT?
(I call slots by the name they had at the time, so I’m using Silviu for D1 and Ilwei for D2.)

2 Likes

Post #297.

Post #431.

1 Like

(I know Vulgard already talked about this. I’m not taking credit.)

1 Like

Could be spewing illweiviu as town
But keeping the slot around is pretty much always a mistake I think

1 Like

Even if town

1 Like