Happy Tree Friends FM - Game Thread Night 3 13/20

To be very honest: No.

In other words, we cannot confirm if a hypothetical SK has targeted Zorvo/min or not.

(Unless an investigative role comes forward, but claiming now is stupid.)

It wonā€™t go a while, Iā€™ll probably leave thread in the next ~15 min

eevee was immune to normal kills in their role card so it could only be anti claim.

1 Like

on leafiaā€™s end if nothing else :P

2 Likes

Wait, am I blind? Where do you see this?

Okay. I am blind. Zorvo died from guilt.
So, odds are that he didnā€™t die from any other cause.

2 Likes

@Vulgard I have never seen an sk with these type of game mechanics open claim day one only to then go ā€˜oops nevermind.ā€™

I am going to need a lot of convincing that this is a first time for everything. Please walk me through it because it makes absolutely 0 sense for anyone at all to ever play 3p like that.

My PoE is currently:

Hippo
Gorta
Leafia
Kiiruma
Vulgard
Alice
PlagueSimp

Because I have yet to sort most of them, and everyone else is either a townread or theyā€™re dead.

further, eevee made it clear mafia and 3p had role numbers to know what was safe to claim to some extent. Soā€¦ yeah I dont understand why they would claim (ā€œclaimā€) vig yesterday with that info.

Like ever.

Fwiw I believe Zoneā€™s claim to be insane

Achromatic - Buried Marl yesterday, top poster, no way this is a wolf
Illwei - Towny overall (understand Achroā€™s concerns but unwilling to budge atm)
Atlas - Imo towny d1 (Achro convinced me)
Eliza - Maintaining the reasoning from earlier
Kiiruma - Donā€™t think he just shuts down completely as a wolf, early posts were towny

Beancat - Defense of Leafia seems uninformed in hindsight; this is less relevant if Leafia flips town but I still think the defenseā€™s existence alone was villagery; note Alice disagreeing with me on this point in case Leafia does flip mafia and Beancat is indeed town
Zone - Vig claim probably comes from town
Wazza - I feel like I treated her a bit uncharitably though I still have some lingering concerns
PlagueSimp - This is probably town but Iā€™m flip-flopping; they townread Wazza because Wazza is defending Leafia whom PlagueSimp finds towny, and that looked uninformed to me but also a really weird way to read Wazza considering the fact PlagueSimp shouldnā€™t know Leafiaā€™s alignment and thus Wazza couldā€™ve been defending a wolf from their POV, which obviously wouldnā€™t have been towny; w/e this is probably just a villager with their own way of thinking

Alice - No thoughts either way honestly, felt fine overall but nothing pinging me strongly; push on Hippo looks good for her if Hippo is a wolf, because itā€™s unnecessary to bus a second wolf when a wolf called Marluxion is already getting pressure; agreed with some of my reads and some of her other reads look good in hindsight, but since she is very good at positioning herself as a wolf Iā€™ll need something more than that to clear her fully
Gorta - This ISO is just devoid of any real content; him questioning Zoneā€™s claim at EoD1 makes them unaligned, but it doesnā€™t really matter, because I think Zoneā€™s a villager anyways (if not 3p); gun to head I would actually say villager because he didnā€™t even talk about Marl, Leafia, or the game itself, but thatā€™s not exactly strong reasoning

Hippo - I was honestly going to put him higher, but his ISO isnā€™t terribly inspiring; him advocating for eevee to get vigged looked towny to me on the surface, considering the fact wolves anticlaim strongmanned eevee right after, but it couldā€™ve just been an attempt to waste townā€™s KP; sure, townā€™s KP wouldā€™ve been wasted by shooting a town, so Hippo didnā€™t need to do this, but if specifically Leafia is mafia, then diverting vigā€™s attention is a good idea; still thinking this is town honestly but I understand why people donā€™t
Windward - Lower than I want her to be mostly because I have some concerns over wolves bussing each other (makes particular sense with Leafia on the team)

BradLand - Here largely off #918 and #928; overfocus on Illwei for the entire game which makes me suspicious of whiteknighting; completely ignored Leafia for the entire game outside of sorta signal-boosting Illweiā€™s wolfread on Leafia but not really in #781; decided not to defend Marl when Marl got wagoned despite professing to townread him, which is uncharacteristic for town!Brad, and the reasoning ā€œI donā€™t have a more confident scumreadā€ sounds weirdly TMI-ish because he had called Marl town, not mafia, implying that the townread was forgotten or this is a TMI slip (#3530)
Leafia - At this point Iā€™ve accepted the fact that the gameā€™s progression hinges on flipping her and thatā€™s how it is

Dark green should be pure
Lime green one at most (not counting potential 3p)
The rest should have everyone unless my reads are really bad.

Would like everyone to look at the Brad read here above all and see if Iā€™m right because Iā€™m pretty sure that this tracks

I really want to tag everyone in the thread and remind them not to attempt to put anyone at L-1 today and accidentally hammer again but uh
That would be annoying, wouldnā€™t it

1 Like

Yeah. Youā€™re right and true, I can completely see Marl bussing me here if he was wolves with me, but I personally feel he wouldnā€™t have outed like that because heā€™d be taking two wolves down to take out an nk that was always going to die anyway.

1 Like

Ah. So thatā€™s why. Fair enough.

1 Like

Huh, I missed this probably because I never backread the whole formation of Marlā€™s wagon
Gonna take a look at it tomorrow when I have more energy

Fwiw I do think the lime zone (zone, not Zone) probably contains the remaining 3p if thereā€™s a second one but thatā€™s not something Iā€™m going to focus on right now

I agree with most of this but can we talk bradā€™s history so you can walk me through it? I noticed he really over focused on Illwei yesterday as well and I circled him but the thing that made me question it was just how wrong he was when he snapped at me saying I was using vote hopping as a way to call illwei wolf. But I donā€™t know him, soā€¦ would he be that sloppy in a zealous attempt to appear town? Itā€™s only one post of course, so it doesnā€™t outweigh the odd focus on Illwei compared to the rest of the game but it stuck out.

This might be a valid point
Iā€™ll consider it

1 Like

You canā€™t be serious here. I was in your towncore EoD yesterday.

Him passionately defending townreads is his regular MO and he does solve by towncore as town, my primary concern lies in how he handled Leafia (almost entirely by proxy, but without really pushing there or anything) and how he handled Marl (defended him at first, then acted like a wet noodle around his forming wagon as if he felt helpless despite having him as a townread before and reacting loudly to you wolfreading Illwei)

2 Likes