Hydra Popcorn - Cat Flavor: Day 5 (6/11) - Mafia Win

no they’re not

the fundamental point of wind’s argument still stand

“If you shoot Cheese and they’re town, they will shoot me and I don’t want that.”

This is all legitimate according to the rules of the game.

That’s fine and all, but like that is not a reason to justify never shooting a player.
And that’s kind of the whole point I had. It was bad logic.

so basically if I have this right

You think all wolves, even experienced ones are prioritizing misdirecting the town and being unnoticed over solving or looking towny. Therefore you thought that Heroes was trying to defend Cheese but couldn’t because Heroes couldn’t solve because she’s a wolf. Therefore you fought with Heroes over it.

Is this mostly accurate?

(Ergo, heroes couldn’t come up with a better reason for saying Cheese couldn’t be shot. Because if she was a villager she would just townread Cheese)

Does this check out also?

This does. The above post was pretty nonsense.

What was wrong with it?

gghana can you shoot this lol

if i ever get the gun I’m shooting the moment i wake up and see i have the gun

Well the issue was the use of X therefore Y.
While I do believe that most scum will want to lay low and slank that is not the justification for scumread HH.
They are just unrealated. The reason for scumreading HH is separate from the slankers argument.
I think both are valid, but HH wasn’t slanking so slanking wasn’t the reason they were scum.

But is the fundamental reason you’re scumreading Hood is because you think they’d come up with a better reason than they did if they were town, since you think town prioritizes solving while wolves prioritize misdirection?

Yeah. The argument just doesn’t make sense from a Town’s perspective.

Why do you think that?

Why can’t town Hoodheroes have that worry?

The problem is that it is not a worry that is reasonable if HH was not Town reading Cheese.
The way it was worded makes it seem like they don’t think Cheese will flip Mafia, but didn’t want to town read them.

That to me seems way more likely that HH is Mafia worried that if Cheese who they know is Town gets shot that Cheese will guarantee kill a Mafia, HH.
From a Town HH PoV the fear that Cheese will flip Town doesn’t seem worrysome since even if we assume HH was right that Cheese would instantly shoot HH, HH would have control over the shot and not die. So unless Town HH has anxiety about leading the Town, I don’t see the justification for the fear. At least not moreso than Mafia worrying they’d be shot.

cool

you can be town for now

fuck the haters

the problem is that v!cheese dies and the village loses a number

that seems pretty straightforward, no?

~nova

1 Like

you’re correct that it’s a sensible worry for hoodheroes to have since a chain of village kills leaving them the last one alive who has to hit a wolf or the village loses sucks for hood

1 Like

Eh, I don’t see it as a big issue. Even if we assumed Cheese and HH both are Town we lose 2 Town and the game isn’t over yet. It’s 5v4. The onyl time I think you fear being shot as Town is if it is MYLO.

however despite this I think it still checks out with zwei being a villager who has the mindset that wolves always try to be more underhanded than villagers

in which case hood being a wolf who just didn’t want to take the direct path of protecting a partner by townreading them makes a decent amount of sense coming from that world

this checks out with them being more concerned with kiiruma’s solving being mechanically based than with cheese’s solving being nothing more than a wet fart in the wind

they’re working off a checklist

“Someone discussing mech too much? Wolfy”

“Someone defending a partner in a roundabout way? Wolf too scared to defend their partner”

again I could be missing the mark massively here so I’d like to hear what you think

1 Like

i haven’t read into their posts super in depth but i think your analysis seems pretty on point

i can do that iyw but i’m kinda tired rn so i can’t promise very good content

~nova