Hydra Popcorn - Cat Flavor: Day 5 (6/11) - Mafia Win

I give a rare “this post from dead wolf means that this individual is town” every now and then.
Which then people will shoot down and then it’ll turn out that I was right when they yeet that same individual.

• Brad
1 Like

I think probably in this game the wolves are going to want people to sheep their “reads”
Idk how I expect to detect that but it’s a thought I had
And the reason I keep thinking about all the things the wolves would do to play in this setup is actually because I wanted to rand wolf this time lol
Granted, I didn’t completely read the OP and just skimmed it so I still slightly misunderstood how some of the mechanics worked but the general idea I think I got, and everything else I’ve put together since correcting myself

-ww

I should say
Specifically unless they’re going for the gambit where they scare town out of shooting them for fear that they’re town and will misfire
It’s one or the other and probably a mix since there are four wolves
And actually 8 heads in the wolf chat which is terrifying

-ww

It’s best NOT to let town die by misfiring even if the one holding the gun doesn’t have the best reads
I may not agree with everything BBB has said so far but I also know they won’t just impulsively hero shoot with no explanation, so I’m fine with them having the gun
The more town we lose, the less collective brainpower we have and the stronger the wolves become
So we really don’t want town to die
-ww

And personally I agree with what eevee(?) said earlier in the thread
We can’t veto shooting a slot because we think they’ll misfire as town
We can’t shoot a slot just because they say they want the gun
There are lots of things we should be careful of in this game and I think if we can keep ourselves alive as long as possible then we have the best shot at solving.
-ww

Pun unintended

-ww

Kind of strange because technically someone could have the right reads but be a total non factor in the game.
Although that’s kinda normal…
shudders in RailGun Mafia reads

• Brad

Part of me is still seething/reeling from this game.

• Brad

Same tbh
Not that my reads were right but I feel like if I’d had more confidence maybe I would’ve pursued certain slots more
-ww

The best thing I did was townread Night and Zone, and eventually townread Hippo and you
The worst thing I did was townread Gorta and give up on scumreading Seth
Lol

-ww

1 Like

Well, and also drop my townread on Night because of consensus
In hindsight that was just stupid
-ww

1 Like

Actually, scumreading Jake/Wazza was also bad

Anyway I want to push my reads cautiously but also correctly this time

-ww

dear god there’s been like 500 new posts

i can’t commit anything until around 4-ish hours from now but from reading the recent posts i’m pretty solidly on HH town

-gold

You must be new here…

• Brad

Ty for summing up my FM career in these games

This is an interesting post actually
Surface level thought but I think it’s more likely to come from town than scum as a reactionary post
Not that I’d put it past a wolf slot to just ask for death as a means of wifoming their alignment, but it seems like it lines up with Kii’s read on Zwelious
And quite frankly I agree with his take that Seth would be afraid of Kii shooting him
Idk about what LP and Wolfy would do but at least Kii and Seth being familiar with each other’s meta is a valid take

I started ISOing 2w1h because I just saw them post and had a couple minutes for a quick iso skim, saw it wasn’t long, and basically I think I’m townleaning them from what I see

Also I’m not just reading them off a Zwelious preflip
I see actual merit to some of the things Kii has said
Will comment more later on this but wanted to post quickly before I get back to work cause I think I used up my time ISOing and then writing this

-ww

Also, sorry Kii, it seems like we haven’t been in the thread at the same time and I’ve been pretty lousy at backreading so far so I just completely missed your posts until now :sweat_smile:
-ww

Anyway this means if I move 2w1h up in my reads then I need to move someone else down because that’s less than 4 slots in my sorting hat

Planning to do a thorough restructuring of my readlist when I’m on m laptop tonight unless my brain is totally fried from work
Which tbh it might be but I can still try anyway to restructure my readlist and see how far I get

-ww

It’s fine, it’s not like I’ve posted much.
Because discord did a dumb and suspended my original discord so I’ve had to sort an alt out and it’s stressful.

1 Like

And how do we sort that out?

Have everyone fight for their spot?

• Brad
2 Likes