Is There any way that Pronouns Could be put next to the name?

this is how it looks on MU and i dunno how you would be able to replicate something similar to this on discourse without a shit ton of clutter

and having “pronouns:” before it would look ugly on discourse too

1 Like

you’re still cool that title still works into 2024 :)

1 Like

thanks

my compliment fishing was a success my job here is done bye

3 Likes

useful feature

I think the slight inconvenience of the forum looking skightly different with it (that people would get used to pretty quickly) gets far outweighed by the benefit of easily knowing what a user’s pronouns are

5 Likes

First, just going to mention that I considered replying with a sarcastic comment about hating the site and everyone here and only doing it for the exclusive title. But then I remembered that tutuu thinks I’m an angel and I would feel bad about breaking that notion… :ayaya:

Well, I want to say that I like that Arctic brings up points like this for discussion. I think it is fair to consider all angles of an issue. So while I am personally in favor of adding the pronouns things even if it can be misused as a way to get a custom title, I could see how someone might feel cheated that now everyone can have basically the same thing. Though as seemed to be suggested, this could probably be handled by making the titles different by color or bolding or whatever. Then again, people seem to be concerned about the look and things feeling cluttered, so not sure how that works with this extra twist.

Anyway, I’m just glad for people like Arctic and Atlas who bring up these types of issues that maybe don’t affect them directly but that others in the background might not have the courage to bring up. :ayaya:

4 Likes

yea

Speaking for myself, this sort of system wouldn’t really help me. I’d never remember anything outside of blue and pink, and you’d want at minimum 3 more for any, they, it.

But I do think it’s a fun idea, just putting out there it wouldn’t address the me-specific concern.

new idea

5 Likes

holy shit

Yea this has been accounted for

We would likely have a list of selectable options (even if just to keep lengths and formatting consistent) and if people want something added they can ask

6 Likes

:3c

1 Like

would you decline rizz/ler

I can do a little messing around later today and send some screenies of how this would potentially look

7 Likes

Yea just cuz i hate u

8 Likes

poor wittle arcy

2 Likes

…the moderators could say not to do that with the pronouns, or do what mu has done and provide a massive list and say to dm them if you want more

and this is why i shouldve read all the way down

5 Likes

they are. although it didnt happen once in the game you and i just played together (to my knowledge) it has happened significantly in both the cookie thread and in other games.

all your other questions got answered by lilith/chloe but i will assure you that i’m asking because i have some knowledge of it from people telling me how much it hurts, despite only caring about what pronouns my friends use for me myself

5 Likes

Alright, here are some formatting ideas for PC (will do mobile tomorrow. i am tired):

Under username/title

With brackets

To the right of title

With brackets

With vertical line

With vertical line and brackets

To the left of title

With brackets

With vertical line

With vertical line and brackets

4 Likes

this is my favorite