Jackal Returns - Signups (20/20)

innovation happens by the people who question things

2 Likes

wow there is literally nothing you can actually do about this probably

1 Like

for the record i did find those posts a bit problematic because it immediately removed any possibility of illwei and ash being w/w from my mind because i knew if they were the host would have probably told the mods lol

so there might be precedent to, um, not allow posts like that

this is why the “no pretending to gamethrow” rule exists right? to prevent stuff being angleshootable from whether or not mod action s taken or modkills happen etc

but for that to actually work it means you have to decide whether the post is illegal independently from the alignments of the players involved otherwise it ruins the whole point and becomes angleshootable again

and my gut instinct being that those posts would have been moderated if ash was a wolf with illwei but weren’t moderated because ash wasn’t a wolf with illwei probably causes the problem that allowed me to angleshoot in the first place

1 Like

i’m in wolf chat with arctic and i told him to shut up and he wont pls vote him

5 Likes

Needless to say if you are abusing the rule to try to confirm people there will be no punishment

Assuming that they’re just following the meta ofc

If the recruit tries to leave behind a “last will” of sorts with this then they will be punished tho
Not if they’re just following the meta

what
so you can break the setup completely legally

1 Like

No I mean for the wolves

Like.

The wolves can name any player as a part of this attempted meta and I won’t care

Assuming it is JUST the attempted meta

You may also note it is frequently-EV for the recruit to out the coven anyways

oh

1 Like

well i feel like that fixes it for this game but i still feel like ive gone down a rabbithole here

1 Like

Im ngl when i read this post I thought you were trying to claim that illwei was spewing herself not w/w with ash4fun

1 Like

/informed spectate

The game begins with three members aligned with the “jackals”. One is its own role, but two others, one aligned with the town and one aligned with the coven, replace town and coven aligned players respectively, gaining their role. However, they cannot replace the role of a Town Power or a Coven Head.
The Jackal Head learns who the recruits are, and their roles. The other Jackal members learn who the other recruit is and their role, but not the Jackal Head.
The Jackal Head is immune to one attack per game.
Past Night One, the Jackal Head can attempt to kill one player per night.
If the Jackal Head dies, the Town Recruit gains an even night multitaskable kill.
If one of the Recruits are dead, the Jackal Head appears as Town to investigates.
The Jackal Coven Recruit, like all coven players, can lie about their role due to receiving it privately.
If only one Coven member and the Coven Jackal Recruit are alive, the Coven member will be the only one who can gain the Necronomicon’s abilities.
No Coven members can purposefully out their teammates, including the Jackal Coven Recruit.
No Coven attack, except the Coven’s special execution, can target another player that is in their scumchat.
The Coven members, once per game, may execute one of the people in their scumchat. All members (other then the person being executed) must agree to this. The kill is strongmanned, and not performed by any specific individual.
If the Jackal Coven Recruit is killed via the Coven’s execution, they will then decide which one of their member’s gains the recruits role, but not the wincon, which stays with the recruit. They also gain a 1 use multitaskable kill.
All members of the Jackal team will always flip with their alignment being announced, regardless of whether or not they are stoned to death by the Medusa.

1 Like

she was obviously not trying to do that but that is how i interpreted it because nothing was done about it
which is the point im making here

1 Like

:wowee: