King of the Castle 2: Litten is King: Game Thread (GAME CANNED)

(THE CITED SOURCES?)

5 Likes

(The HONOR GUARD READS POEMS AND BARELT FIGHTS I PUT HIM TO USE BEFORE THE MEETING)

4 Likes

ā€œI donā€™t have the time to operate a printing business, though I have a royal library filled with some books that I think would be good to printā€¦

most notably the previous queens diary (said in a voice so small no one can hear it)

and books that document our rich historyā€

2 Likes

(Me and squirell were actually talking about books prior to this, which Iā€™m going to use as justification for my honor guard knowing this stuff because obviously if I was talking about books I know the future subjects and would be prepared)

2 Likes

Good mornimg!

ā€œā€¦ā€

Ms. Krueger seems to beā€¦ ā€˜deep in thoughtā€™, before hearing of the Kingā€™s book idea. ā€œI haveā€¦ a lot of hand-written books Iā€™d like to be better preservedā€¦ā€

VOTE: Option A

4 Likes

ā€œIf we need to focus on those issues, why are we not voting on how to solve them? I donā€™t see the relevance of the Eighth Chapter in this discussion about the Printing Press. You keep saying the things you need to be able to do with the treasury, why arenā€™t we doing those things, then? We canā€™t seriously be so poor we need to charge people for reading.ā€

He stands up and quickly stretches.

ā€œAnd by the way, I was on time today, soā€¦ā€

1 Like

Wealth table has been added

4 Likes

(Youā€™re welcome :sunglasses:)

3 Likes

I tend to deal with all of my problems by ignoring them anyways.

To my knowledge, noone has thought to stick a quill or any other writing utensil up my nose.

ā€œIf I may speak, Lord Vespertine? We are not charging the populace for reading, we are charging middle class merchants for profits they will make using these machines as a form of taxation with which to give back to the lower class, rather than letting the gold rot in the merchantsā€™ pockets.ā€

2 Likes

ā€œSounds like greed to me. And I understand whatā€™s actually going on, but my point still stands. If we charge the merchants for doing their job itā€™s gonna make what theyā€™re selling more expensive and therefore less accessible.ā€

(you see if augustin had anything more than a passing knowledge of economics that he got in a couple lessons from his advisor he might have a response to that)

2 Likes

(DID THAT MAKES SENSE I FAILED ECON LOLLLLL)

2 Likes

(LIKE FULLY I ONLY GOT MY ECON CREDIT BECAUSE I BEGGED MY TEACHER TO PASS ME)

3 Likes

(Honestly I hope A passes and then we have natural disaster after disaster because it would be fairly funny if we ran out of treasurey, of course the king takes no blame for spending 300 gold on a bet)

2 Likes

(i think it makes sense if you take too much taxes to not raise them more, but having some public services is usually worth a little taxes? i have literally only taken an econ 101 course so absolutely take my word for nothing)

2 Likes

(yeah it makes sense, reasltically what happens is the merchants are forced to sell for a lot cheaper, and books become a lot more popular and after a lot generations the people wonder why they have nobles and revolt, of course this affects the counts the most since their region is mostly filled with farmers while the other ones their peasants are somewhat farmers but also soldiers ect, I think barons lead a group of soldiers)

1 Like

(yeah, it also means we can lower taxes on people, which notably would increase the quality of life on farmers who need to sell their food)

2 Likes