Last Stand of the Virtuous 5.5 - Night 4 (11/17)

I forget who said it (maybe Zone?), but evils don’t seem to know the alignment of the King, so what benefit would they have voting the King here? Especially knowing these odds are manually selected, they have a higher risk of voting out a lost wolf. (I’m not a math girlie, but wouldn’t it then become like a 50/50—good or evil)? I don’t think evils want the King gone here, but maybe there is some reason that evils want the King gone that I’m not seeing. I admittedly didn’t look too far into the evil roles. I got overwhelmed by the amount of Unseen roles😅

I’m not sure honestly. I want to hear from them first.

Canping and I are against executing the King as well, because we fear re-election would result in the birth of an evil King.

1 Like

I agree. The amount of times I’ve tried to reach someone without pinging them and getting no response is too many times.:sweat_smile:

Also, if we feel like the King was very obviously pushed out by mafia, wouldn’t we just not elect those people? I feel like the idea that mafia are trying to push out the king for “control” is unlikely (unless I’m misunderstanding the election process).

not alot but i have seen them as good and evil. (from the opposite side on both accounts tho)
Jail is correct where they were “Frozen” (they didnt speak at all) but canping says that was cause of scheduling issues

Unable to respond.

Suppose a wolf were to do something to push their agenda forward. E.g., get the King killed so they can have some odds of getting elected as evil King. Now imagine if someone were to ask them: “Why would you do that?” Frozen is the term if the wolf can’t come up with any excuse and stays silent for a long period of time.

(Technically the term is not alignment specific, but I have never seen anyone say “this person is usually frozen as villager”, so I think it’s always associated with the wolves.)

1 Like

i felt like it

2nd one i wanted to vote opposite to daeron

Maybe I’m misunderstanding your explanation, but I’m seeing your only pros for evils to vote the king are:

1. Potential of a town lynch, but those odds have been heavily skewed.
  2. Gaining a “lean”? Assuming this means an advantage like I mentioned in my reply to Hazard, we would probably choose who gets nominated as King next. Mafia pushing on the king doesn’t make sense for that imo. It’s a huge risk that feels too open-wolfy with little-to-no benefit.

So instead of it being 60/40 it’s 50/50

1 Like

I should really read over the rules again when I get the chance. I said I was going to look over the re-election process last night, and I forgot to. I can look at it when I get home if I remember to.

The biggest reason I can think of as to why evils would want the Starting King gone regardless of their alignment would be the re-election. Having that said, this is a low-level agenda. It’s a plan so simple that I doubt they would actively push for the Starting King’s death.

If I was evil, then I’d let the King live, see if they get access to the chat, and regardless whether they are good or evil: Execute them in the future anyway to become King. (It’d be better if Starting King is evil, because then they’d get more towncred for executing an evil King.)

2 Likes

Ah yes that’s something I should’ve asked about. How does conversion even work in this mode? Does it replace the factional kill?

…NGL, I’m not exactly satisfied with this answer, but I will cope with it.

—well then, new content (posts) has been made in the past 8 hours when you were gone. carbonated said nothing major happened, but I’d like for you to backread and tell me what you think of the status quo.

I don’t know if morals come into play, but I don’t want to spite-vote somebody (especially if what happened isn’t their fault). If I think Daeron is evil, then that’s a different story. Aside from their odd posts upon returning, there isn’t anything about their posts that raise an immediate red flag. I will admit this game is going to be significantly harder for me to make reads in because I know like none of you guys or your metas.:joy:

I can count on 1 hand the amount of players I know in this game lmao, and I can’t say I know them with full confidence either.:sweat_smile:

:(

1 Like

It’s written at the OP.
BD’s conversion is “position”-bound and multitaskable.
HoB’s conversion is role-bound and not multitaskable.

Don’t worry. I don’t read people based on meta to begin with due to my severe forgetfulness. In the worst case event, just read people with bias.

1 Like

Zone’s starting non-group wolf.
Hazard reads fine so far.
Achro’s probably good, if wolf would’ve asked about the King thing.

I don’t really have much when it comes to the King since now that relies upon us reading the hosts and what they’d choose. Which could be anything.

VOTE: Pandora
Haven’t seen anybody else who stands out too much to me.