Maybot's Combinatorics Mafia - GAME OVER, MAFIA WIN

I really like red panda’s analysis of the game so far, so I townread them. I appreciate their willingness to communicate their thoughts instead of being combative to my questions. I also think them acknowledging that their reads aren’t based on much but choosing to push them anyway for content reads as a town player.

Red panda had a convincing case on Prisma, which you can see if you scroll up, so I’m inclined to scumread Prisma. I especially liked Panda’s follow up as to why their unfamiliarity with RVS doesn’t excuse them either.

Typically I find people whose reads seem to be thread consensus to be wolfy. Right now, you seem to be that person, especially with the way that you claimed I was attacking Panda instead of simply asking for more content. That says to me you aren’t looking deeply into my posts, which would imply you aren’t looking deeply into others posts either, and yet you seem to have a lot of reads which is very strange to me.

My mind has extreme receny bias, so these are the few I feel any sort of confidence on. I do remember getting good vibes from goose but they also haven’t posted for a spell. I haven’t gotten much of a ping either way for the rest of the playerlist. Magnus keeps popping up in my mind but I can’t figure out why.

1 Like

Could you explain any of these reads more?

Vibes, OMGUS, vibes.

Ok.

If this were a regular mafia game I’d be voting you.

VOTE: RedPandas

You do you.

recent baseline posting seems surface-level towny but I get the feeling it’s mostly their playstyle (does make their opening a little less scummy retroactively)

Maybe.
Probably.

I am reminded that I cannot read people.

1 Like

Ash (6): pandora, Anonygoose, Ash, FusionMoon314, Chomps, spookycat27
spookycat27 (1): pandora
Badeline (4): pandora, spookycat27, Magnus, RedPandas
Anonygoose (2): Anonygoose, FusionMoon314
Magnus (1): Anonygoose
FusionMoon314 (2): FusionMoon314, Magnus
Chomps (1): Chomps
pandora (2): Magnus, RedPandas
Prisma101 (1): RedPandas
RedPandas (1): Badeline

Not Voting (3): Quail, LittleLee, Prisma101

Going to go sleep before I descend into doomerposting.

I think it’s probably more my playstyle. This is an alt for my main account, and I purposefully play different on this account. It’s sort of weird, I don’t feel as if I could play like this on my main. If you’re lacking things to do, there are a few other games I’ve played on this alt that you could take a look at. This is not necessary in the slightest, but if you’re bored I thought I’d offer.

1 Like

Strange thing to post after “explaining” all of your reads.

It’s second only to jailing all three Mafia in one go, but you’re relatively correct. Even so, I’d rather not be cleared immediately, or caught in a fine wire mesh net if there is a misvote. Either way feels suboptimal to my perception.

1 Like

@Ash could you elaborate on this front? What sort of vibes are “positive” in your mind? This read in particular mostly goes against the metaphorical grain, yet there hasn’t been much conflict over this topic even after you posed a disagreement with Red.

For what it’s worth, I am not stating a scumread on Pandora. I’d just like your voice.

1 Like

Ah I thought I had responded to this, why is this? I don’t believe it’s particularly alignment indicative, I’m just curious.

My typical escapade in practically every single game is to be townread indiscriminately early on, and then doubted and suspected later on. I don’t inherently mind this, but given the format of Combinatorics as players are locked into redchecks, it effectively means I could be safely trusted with no scrutiny forever if playing optimally. In which case there’s no benefit to the former outcome.

Does that make sense? It’s like choosing to either be investigated yourself, or to have someone else targeted. Only one course gives the recipient new information.

1 Like

This is my first time in this style of game and my fifth (last game I incorrectly thought it was my third) game of mafia ever

I was trying to gain an understanding of why people are doing what they are doing

1 Like

I also have no knowledge of what this acronym means

It means “random voting stage”. It typically refers to early game, when people are casting votes aimlessly in order to cause reactions.

2 Likes

flashbacks to finding the number of triangles

1 Like