Maybot's Combinatorics Mafia - GAME OVER, MAFIA WIN

Imagine a situation where the only unchecked players are all socially proactive and trustworthy versus when they’re all LHF, and the difference should be apparent.
Note that I have zero Combinatorics experience and I’m making this up as I go along.

1 Like

I’m not a good enough reader to fully trust my reads and I prioritise just getting mech clears tbh

1 Like

especially cuz i don’t know anyone here that well and some people may be sneaky fm gods

Do you ever find a player flipping evil in a game, and not being surprised despite advocating for their trustworthiness?

Like you sorta flipped a read in your head, or you just went for the wrong people and justifies red flags as the inverse?

That’s typically how I tend to see things, whilst the obvious socially good players don’t usually require such mental gymnastics.

1 Like

Yeah last game we got very lucky in that 2 masons were socially inactive players and when they outted solve became more obvious

But we also got a 0/3 d1 and immedately pulling 3 ppl out of contention was clutch

3 Likes

Like for me i think iam a pretty good wolf and will be tinfoiled late if not cleared. In last one i was “mech outted” for like all d3 before i became mech cleared d4 and town realised they were being dumb.

Oh right, the Leafia thunderdome. Yeah, I was spectating that duel and shaking my head that you weren’t immediately believed on the spot with the sort of arguments leveraged against you.

1 Like

no no that was another game, the one where you vote people out of jail and you have to hope you vote a town out. I called both Bionic and Leafia d1 and we voted mafia bionic out d1 but then people still had me vs leafia as 50/50 haha

1 Like

Tbf my last 5 games have gone similarly and the feedback has been my explanation of reads and communication is poor so no one listens to me so i am trying to improve on that now. Which is ironic because i literally work in communications lmao

3 Likes

You seem to get into trouble a lot. You shouldn’t be the sort who struggles verbalising rebuttals, you said it yourself that you’re competent in overcoming thunderdomes. It might be worth figuring out the root of why people don’t easily listen to you, even when correct.

1 Like

You’re welcome, I found your underlying issue.

1 Like

VOTE: Chomps
VOTE: pandora
VOTE: FusionMoon314

1 Like

You have to use the hammer icon, in the post menu.

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like

I hope this helps.

2 Likes

Oh, you got it, cool.

2 Likes

I hope you’re having fun, Quail.
With that said, have a kindly respite and good night.

2 Likes

I’ll try and be more active after the first vote. I feel like it’s difficult to get a read with almost no info. Also, I’m new to this and it’s hard to get a feel through text. Everyone has been nice so I appreciate that.

2 Likes

going to be busy packing for a lot of the day, so i figured I should do this

ran out of time, unnamed slots are ones I don't feel that strongly about or i forgot

Townlean

LittleLee - I do genuinely feel like putting at least a little weight behind that beaming townslip; sure, I won’t die on this hill either, but I don’t think there’s much reason to just fully discard it. When other stuffs happens maybe, but I don’t have anything stronger for this slot right now

RedPandas - Pandas has been playing differently than normally on Hypixel, I think. More aggressive and more ““pushy””, for lack of a better word. However I don’t think that’s a bad thing here–it seems to come from a more well-meaning place/from a townie pov. I say this as a bit of a word of warning though, I can see this different behavior stemming from a wolf rand too (though not that likely rn)

Anonygoose - felt like the most recent posts I’ve seen from this were good (the wagon scramble stuff). I think the only time this comes from a wolf is when thread was about to hit 2/3 or 3/3, and though I at least slightly wolfread both of the top wagons at the time, I think I’m willing to give this a shot bc I don’t have that much confidence in my reads to be correct. and if we land on a 1/3 bc of what goose pushed here, I think that’ll be the most telling of anything.

Null

Prisma101 - I remembered seeing a few arguments that this slot was a wolf (or, at least a mention or two) and I didn’t remember any posts so I read their fairly short iso and tbh I don’t really get it. I think it’s just a new player who’s not posting all that much; I don’t see it as particularly AI. I can see an argument for being frozen, I suppose, but that’s about it. Sure, for a fifth game I would expect more engagement generally, but I haven’t been posting all that much either and this would be, like, beyond my 30th game at least.

Wolflean

Magnus - I think it’s just the style of posting that’s putting me off here. The mentions of calling themselves town and reiterating their pov is like, something thats happened quite a bit and I don’t like it. Though the shameless nature of it (and nobody else other than pandas saying something that kinda echoes my thoughts here) makes me think it might just be normal? but it’s hard to tell. Other than that I’ve liked/agreed with a lot of the reads this slot has posted (iirc) and I think it might just take me a particularly long time to get over this though

Badeline - didn’t really like their opening post, so that’s why I voted there all that time ago. looking at p#87, the reads just feel like they’re there to be put there. Anon/ash/chomps are given some form of townleans (presumably) and specifically pandora and fusion are mentioned for slots where you have no thoughts – why just them? I also kinda don’t believe that you thought pandas’ case was convincing, tbh, unless you’re not talking about p#169.

Ash - I felt like they’ve been posting just to post in the thread. 70-ish posts but none of them really move the needle much if at all. The most indicative post is p#273, where I can empathize with having a read and not being able to explain it. The issue is here I don’t particularly feel like it’s a real read and this is a real thought that ash is talking about. it just kinda seems like something that was thrown in and overlooked until goose mentioned it.

hopefully that was understandable

3 Likes

hi