Maybot's Combinatorics Mafia - GAME OVER, MAFIA WIN

I feel like it’s somewhat balanced by wolves having an advantage in mason solving (9 slots possible instead of 12)

2 Likes

Also if mafia guess the masons n1 town is kinda fucked. Which people will say the masons should play better but I think uh

Hm

Is a swingy game balanced?

1 Like

masons have the same advantage as seen what happened here

1 Like

It’s fucking fine for it to be swingy in that regard

2 Likes

we listened eventually and still won so

1 Like

not really

Consider town jailing all 3 masons D1. That’s a pretty bad jail. However, in that case, Town still has the advantage! Mafia and Town both have the same information, but if they take the same number of guesses to solve the game, Town wins.

5 Likes

yeah that’s why I said it balances out. (though it’s probably more like it transitions from slight mafia advantage early game to slight town advantage lategame)

if the town guess the mafia d1 then they win
that’s fine

4 Likes

Masons existing means that wolves and town have the same challenge, because of the extra-day mechanic masons will inevitably out and balance the playing field. I think it’s more accurate to say that villagers have the coordination disadvantage - some of the people helping decide the jails are going to be wolves sabotaging them, half of the people voting are uninformed as to who the masons are and thus won’t act optimally, if the masons act perfectly optimally they’ll get caught (it was in part the way the masons voted for jails on D3 that outed them, Hippo figured out the masons hadn’t been in the jails!)

3 Likes

Both games ive played in have been super tense and fun so sample bias wise its a great setup but also there were so many opportunities for it to be a flop

I like it as it is tbh (altho i really like masons dying when guessed. Brings alot more fun to non-mason towns and fairer to mafia. Today felt a bit slow, partly cuz if ur town ur more likely to just trust masons who have had way more time to solve with more info)

6 Likes

mafia still has an advantage in that case because they get the first beam phase after the 0/3 result

town gets the same beam if mafia guesses them though

3 Likes

I dont know what you mean by this

gg i was maybot

2 Likes

If town get a 0/3 D1, then town and mafia have exactly equal information. Let’s say both fucking own at the game and immediately guess the players they’re hunting for.

Mafia would guess N1, and then the village would have an additional day (D2) to guess the mafia, and the village would win

1 Like

It means if mafia guesses the masons, town can beam the mafia, mafia always are two beams behind since town gets the first and the last beam

2 Likes

I didnt even know it was possible to bot-side…

2 Likes

I’d like to re-iterate that semi-informed town, honestly going for a 3/3 every time and taking into account the information from the actual town’s beams, got 0/3 three times in a row.

9 Likes

Kinda want to try and code a simulation to see how townsided this game is.
Neither game has felt that way and instead are strong paragons for this setup at its peak, but I kinda want to see if I can get numbers for it.

I keep wanting to do the same thing but it’d take me a while cause I’d have to learn so many technical skills. You should try it cause it’d be inefficient for me to do it

2 Likes