Mountainous AMQ Game Over - Town Wins (2/15 Left) Thread 1

It’s in their nature to act like this as both alignments.

This is kinda not true

As it’s in my nature to do the shit that I do.

Oh shoot really? When you say act like this, do you mean like the bargaining part or the self-vote (or both)?

Enlighten me.
Why is that?

Use this as a reference

It comes from the only player with a good track record of reading me

Why is Zenon town by MacDougall

Zenon is a player that can best be described as “emotional”. Their emotions in a mafia game vacilate between depressed to a degree where they self vote as town because they cannot handle being suspected, and maniacally happy due to someone they like saying nice things about them. They are someone who leans heavily on emotional support as either alignment, which they derive from the players that they townread and who townread them.

They are someone whose emotional range differs between mafia and town.

As town, they try to form masonries and town blocs with their townreads. They exhibit tinfoil from time to time, but they also get tremendously tunneled on both their townreads and sometimes wolfreads. Their reads are a very mixed bag, and they are quite easily pocketed by players who they are friends with who are familiar to them. Similarly those very same players will tend to start a game townreading Zenon for the ease of it, but as the game progresses Zenon starts to become a viable miselim, those players then shift perspectives necessarily and that is usually what causes Zenon to develop a psychological schism they cannot recover from. Importantly as town they make actual wolfreads. Such as their read on CRich. They state them matter of factly. They tilt people in doing so sometimes. And they care about their wolfreads when they are town. They hold onto them, they get mad at people when they are not listened to. As days progress and the wolfreads they hold remain alive they do get more annoyed.

As mafia, they are an emotional wreck from the get go. There is a LOT less positive energy that gets exuded. They use ATE, they snap self vote whenever they are sussed, they strugglepost. They become relatively hostile. Especially towards players that suspect them. They OMGUS, and that’s really the only basis for reads that they make as mafia. Rarely will wolf Zenon make a read for any reason other than how that player reads them, aside from pre-emptively pocketing someone they feel obligated to. They are not post count polarised, but they do try to take long breaks from posting when they are not being suspected. They will opportunistically manage their energy in that way as mafia.

Zenon has an inverse emotional curve as town to mafia. As town they start with a positive mindset, they are excited to see friends and engage them, as the reality sets in and the anxiety of not having information overwhelms them, they fall apart emotional. As mafia they START with the anxiety of needing to lie, and their emotional control is poorest at the beginning. If the game starts going well for the mafia, their emotional control improves and they become more placid. They post less, and when they do it’s very matter of factly. When they start to feel the wolves have control, they do less, and they feel pleased.

I think there is a significant and blatant difference between the two, and I have played with them enough for it to be kind of a vibe thing.

4 Likes

My emotions are VASTLY different in town rands vs scum rands

More like they will make personal/emotional like plays.

FUCK look at me go!

:thinking:

Wait. Explain this further.

This is a very good reference. Thank you for sharing! :+1:

:eyes:

:thinking:

VOTE: Drinks

Fuck it’s still difficult for me to tell here.

This is all I need from you please!

Is vote phase tomorrow? I think so, but I just want to make sure I’m remembering correctly. If so, it may be good to give Zenon some time. This game can get chaotic rather quickly, so it may be good for them to regather their thoughts before answering

Tell you what.

I’m willing to go Magnus.
I’d rather not follow the lol/Drinks shit.

Still difficult for me to think your town but I’ll work with you here.

Just please respond to me for the concern I have.
If your caught wolf you won’t be able to respond but if your town and explain those actions I want to see that.