Netrunner Mafia - Game Over: Mala Tempora

why
i could unironically see the last 3 names being a scumteam

i don’t think i agree with this on principle. i think kanave and flygon are both town - this means mostly villagers were being wagoned and people who can be proven to actually care about what was going on at eod are more likely to be town

…lol this is towny
but can we like, not have them full claim
i think wolves just don’t get kp in a low powered 13’er without town having kp… and that’s basically enough for me.

i think your post is kinda making too many assumptions on what wolves were doing without any real proof so it’s hard for me to act on anything in this yet, but i do think if flygon is a wolf then it may hold some merit

dunno. initially thought because of the caspore kill maybe? they were pushing guava after all. not acting on this because it was probably a PR read kill since not many people would kill newbtown just because they are scared of their social pressure since they had little influence

well. i didn’t really feel like he was scum. especially after your point on him was proven wrong when he said that he’s often incorrectly scumread for only making townreads. i asked him about his perspective on the wagons because a lot of the time villagers can make their alignment obvious from how they solve the game knowing that they are town / the wagons were town. may have got something out of it that would have made me confident enough to go out of my way and save him.

did you not read my big response to you?.. i explained why i was happy to let him die lol. i’m not proud about it if he’s town, but i’ll reiterate that it’s hard for me to actively go out of my way to save someone who’s been pushing me for bad faith reasons and calling for a CFD on me. i wasn’t encouraging votes on him nor voting him - that would be policy, and i’m against that, but at the same time i was perfectly happy to let him die with the way he was playing. you can call this wolfy if you want, but just recognize that me not trying to save him was not because i thought he was a wolf.

literally nothing. i thought he was rand. i thought kiling eliza, who was also more or less rand, would yield more information.

Like I said a couple messages I think Squirrel literally not contributing anything but still posting feels… bad. Not necessarily wolf bad just it doesn’t feel great to see because he’s getting sussed based on almost no information.

1 Like

@Ashlyn Do you think Vulgard/Flygon is plausible?
When Vulgard talks to me about Arctic it feels townie but every time he brings up Flygon my brain is screaming every word it can think of to signify the evil team in a social deduction game

I’m satisfied with this for now.
The take on Squirrel vs Eliza is also why I voted the way I did, for whatever that’s worth.

1. I think town messed up bigtime yesterday. I don’t think we wagoned a wolf unless the wolf was exactly Squirrel, and he only got 2 votes, one of which was super late into EoD and not followed at all.
  2. Based on my experience with Flygon, the way he has played more recently is a way in which he plays as town, not as mafia.
  3. I asked for recent experiences with wolf!Flygon that are making you think otherwise. Or does the wolfread not factor in personal experience at all and is more of an objective thing?
1 Like

because then there’s no real logic behind… all of the bullshit of eod?
like, i know we’re on fol but??? just??? god i really fucking hope we didnt all just decide to fucking hop on a dead horse of our own volition

on
on wh
on what principle tho

i really honestly think its necessary
every single logical thing i can think of is telling me that kanave is scum
i need a good
a very good reason
to not vote them here

thats
possible
if it exists it could come with downsides, such as a 1-shot and no other mafia abilities able to be used that night or something idk im not a game balancer
i. dont really know?
its just really hard to fathom being incorrect here

this still confuses me
i dont… i dont get why or how youre so confident on these being town and its making me incredibly fucking concerned, arc

I feel like we should consolidate a bit because screaming our reads at each other isn’t going to help, there have been like 4 pet tunnels this game and 2 of them are from me. I’m part of the problem.

@NinjaPenguin Please elaborate on your current reads, you only seem to have one right now and it’s on someone I townread. I’ll need convincing.
@guavagudetama Similar thing here, I want you to elaborate on why you think Flygon is a wolf.
@Ashlyn What scum was Flygon supposedly saving yesterday? I guess it works with your “Kanave 1-shot wolf vig” theory, but if you take the claim at face value, do you have any other reason to wolfread him?

I honestly never defended the player behind Flygon before as much as I’m doing it here, but I really feel like he’s been towny for his standards and somehow it’s not being recognized, and gamestate is warping around pushes on him which I think are wrong… I don’t even think this is a Lemonfairy situation where I just lock the read in and don’t re-evaluate for a while like a fool, this is a read I developed over time as he had a constant upward trajectory in towniness imo.

I don’t want to be too obstinate here, so I’ll be open to discussing this. There is time.

I literally have no clue who Flygon is, I’m trying to play objectively but I’m not going to act as if emotions have never influenced my votes considering my vote is currently on myself because I “felt stupid”
So I’m trying not to factor in personal experience but I can’t control my subconscious that’s like the subconscious’s whole thing it’s subconscious

I’m not asking you not to listen to your gut, that’s not what I was trying to say at all. I just need concrete reasons for Flygon being mafia right now, because I really don’t think he is and that’s influencing my worldview a decent amount. I want to understand the wolfreads.

You could say I’m listening to my own gut by defending Flygon. A lot of what I’m talking about with him is meta-influenced, the rest is gamestate analysis and, well, a strong gut feeling that he was breaking down because he’s town and not because he’s mafia trying to desperately trying to push the yeet around. It didn’t seem like the latter.

at the beginning they seemed like they would just latch onto anyone who seemed townie enough. I want to go back and find it now but it really felt like they were only pushing Eliza because I was and when I said that they suddenly stopped following me and jumped to someone else.

they really want everyone to trust them to the point where it seems like they’re just trying to gaslight people into thinking they’re town. Also they just really wanna garner trust in general which tbf it was EoD.

they talk as if they know better than us which feels very manipulative and wolfy

those are the main things I’ve been thinking about

… honestly not really? i actually kinda forgot vul was in the game for a sec which was certainly a :wowee: moment
flygon/vulgard doesnt really make sense with my eod-fuckery theory because vul voted with like
less than half a minute left
i will skim iso real quick though

just quoting everything relevant here
uhhh
vul certainly has no lack of thoughts on eliza and flygon but
@Vulgard im very confused
i know you were against flygon in part because of eliza’s read on them, but now that eliza’s flipped town, does that change anything? what about my read on them? multiple times d1 you mentioned the accuracy of my early reads and the like and yet you seem to be paying them very little heed even though ive now actually shared them

I do think Kanave claiming her shot is a good idea at least. Removes ambiguity.

3 Likes

like why do you think you know better? do you know the wolves or smthn? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: /j

Flygon has an ego, though I’ve never seen them be manipulative. More “I HAVE THE GOD SOLVE.”
Do you have any examples of the first part that you can point out to me?

I should d2 you, then I’ll be 2/2 on voting out people who forgot about my existence.

they could be saving themself, squirrel, or kanave, like i said. even if not kanave, their play doesnt seem town-motivated and there are still other options available
another wolf being on the wagon with them in this case could make sense for why eod was such a clusterfuck

already wanted to d1 me
might as well try again :neutral_face:

sobs in now I have to ISO Flygon
brb

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m starting to notice that. I’m trying to dial the Flygon thing back despite still believing he’s town.

Eliza flipping town doesn’t really change my Flygon take, to be honest. I felt like he was treated uncharitably and this opinion only grew stronger overnight, which is why it might potentially be obnoxious now. I’m sorry.